Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I have a teacher that is trying to cross list his course into one teacher created course that he wants to use as a home page, he keeps getting an error that his teacher created course is not authorized for cross listing.  Is this a Canvas non authori...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Students are receiving an authorization button before they can access the Google Cloud assignment.  It shows authorization failed. Is this a Canvas issue or something I'm not doing on my end?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how can I upgrade my free teacher account to one of the canvas plans ? is there any website that facilitate this ? because I hadnt seen one ?pls leave me a link if you have something useful 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-27-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi I am new here and getting lost in trying to get everything loaded up and get going on the assignment's!Already signed in w user name but where from here? everytime I get a new screen and I don't know ifI am getting in here or I'm somewhere in cybe...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My courses show up published under my name but not published under the student's name. The course is listed in the student's directory as not published.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, I'm a university instructor and want to collect a weekly group assignment, where one student turns in work for the entire group. I need students to be able to choose the groups themselves (should be about 17 groups per assignment, with each gr...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

A staff member is attempting to assign and receive submissions of a Google assignment. It was set as an external link and her students continue to get the following error message:   Does anyone know how to fix this?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi: My faculty have never had this problem in the past... When they use the notification "Message students who..." to automatically address a message to students who haven't completed a particular assignment, it's starting to incorrectly go to some s...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a colleague that wants to know:When I mark an assignment as missing but then the student later turns it in, it's not automatically removing the missing flag -- any way to make that automatic?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have embedded youtube videos on my canvas page. How do I delete them? When I am in the edit mode it will not let me click on, hilight or "grab" them. Help.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do yall organize so much stuff more efficiently on canvas and other assignments, just need a simple answer?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-31-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am teaching 15 different classes on Canvas. I have 15 canvas pages to update. Is there a way for me to just do one page for every gradeband?  For example k-2 has a page that I update, 3-5 a page, and 6-8 a page. How do I link those pages to a whole...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to allow students to easily see which assignments they have already completed on the Module page? (I'm working primary level students.)

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have included a video in a page of my canvas but the video has a pop-out symbol that redirect to a preview in a second page. I want to remove this option - It can be in the HTML. Is it possible? Thank you, Sheyla

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When assigning two different mastery paths to two different sections, can I only assign the Pretest to each section?  Or do i have to assign each of the conditional assignments to the sections?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I've asked the IT guy and he doesn't know. I'm hoping someone here might know. "Sally" is signed into Chrome using her school email. "Sally" is signed into Canvas using her school email.Every single other person in class can access the Google Drive c...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am trying to use the discussion board for the first time and I am having trouble.  I created my assignment and the discussion board to go with it.  I published the assignment and discussion board for all classes AND set the access date to 8/26, but...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My school did not show us how to cross list sections to a subject, and when I show teachers how to cross list they are freaking out because all the boxes for their class gone.  So they want to decross list them.  I can not under stand why any teacher...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

hi I'm new in this can someone help me to what I need to do.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are a newly implemented instance. I am in a situation in which I teach one section with a co-teacher and I also have a student teacher.  Both need access to my course sections that are synced with our SIS/Synergy.  The co-teacher is a teacher who ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to undo the concluding of a course? A course that I need access to is now listed in Past Enrollments. It was due to a miscommunication.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I downloaded a textbook cover from Amazon and was surprised the image is in webp format. Canvas does not list webp in Supported Image Formats.Does Canvas support webp images? Or do I have to convert it before I upload it?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I'm trying to use the zoom link on canvas. I have enabled it in the navigation section of settings, it is right under the "home button," however every time I try to use it, it keeps saying:  User does not exist: 193528@hcps.net. Error Code 1001 -...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello I am a math teacher. I wanted to ask how can I have students show work in canvas? I have asked students to take a pic, then send to their email, then download, and finally upload to Canvas. Is there a simple way?I also noticed that all pictures...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is the Scheduler Function for the Canvas Calendar only available to paid customers? I teach graduate level classes, but I currently use my Free for Teachers account. I'd like the possibility of having my students sign up for office hours. Thanks,Scot...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible to assign modules by section?  The only way I can have discussions per section is to assign different discussions to each section.  I cannot just put all class periods in the "Assign to" for one discussion or ALL students are thrown to...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How does a ESE student access their accommodations in Canvas?  Is voice dictation available to help students completing assignments?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

No. of attempt taken are not updated for External Tool Assignment as a student.From Instructor side i added Limited Attempt for assignment as 6, but not getting updated attempt taken when student take assignment.Is there any way to update no. of atte...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

HI,  I need to know if it is possible to use an already created Google doc in a Group assignment (or collaboration).  I teach science and I have a table already created that I want them to fill out and then answer questions about.  However, the only ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In my most recent quiz, I had two images. Most could see them. A few couldn't. For some it was the first image; for others, the second. So it doesn't seem to be an issue with a specific image file. Any suggestions? Also, when I was looking at a "page...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-02-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies