Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hello! I am in instructor in 5th grade and have been with Canvas since 2017. I always enjoyed Canvas, but lately I've hit a wall. This summer I have been inserting google drive assignments in Canvas through the cloud. Additionally, I've just discover...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-23-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am wondering how I should set up a Google Form as an assingment and how students should submit their response. I have multiple google forms for my content and am new to Canvas. I created an assignment that is a Google Form from my Google Drive. I e...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I color code my canvas calendar on Google Calendar once it is subscribed?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We need help in deleting the file.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how to delete an unpublished module?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do i track daily student logins for a whole class? i want to see daily how many students in the class logged in

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Since the TLS updates yesterday, we have been having intermittent issues with linking to Zoom meetings from within Canvas (using an SSO). It requests authorization, but appears to time out before displaying meetings. Sometimes it will request a login...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am currently a TA for a course that is set up in eCampus, but we (as a university) are looking at transitioning to Canvas. Currently, our course is set up with 'Advanced Adaptive Release' criteria which allows new assignments to become available as...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-24-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how to delete an unpublished module?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-21-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

why do all of the api have "while(1);" in front of them can this be fixed. JSON results should not begin with a while statement 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

So I see I cannot assign a page to a specific section, so here is my question. I have 4 sections cross-linked and I have a different zoom link for each section. I want to find a way other than daily announcements to post that link somewhere where eac...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-28-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Am I able to delete everything in my to do list simultaneously? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi! Below is a screenshot of a formula question I'm making for the midpoint formula. I want the student final answer to be in the form of an ordered pair such as (-2, 4). But I can't get past the unexpected error in the last line of the formula. Any ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can I hide the To-List from my students?  I've creating everything in modules and when I make changes some of the assignments still show up confusing the students.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I unenroll a non-editing teacher? Also how can I unenroll myself from another teacher's class?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If I have two sections of the same course combined in Canvas, can I post a page or some other item for one section but not the other? Alex

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am in instructor. I have created an embedded quiz inside of a video, and made it an "external tool" submission Assignment. I have a student who says it kicked her out before she could answer the questions. How can I give her an extra attempt to ret...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We are currently moving from Blackboard to Canvas.  My images for Hotspot questions on Blackboard came over into Canvas under files quiz files. Is there a way that I can add these images located in files quiz files on Canvas to my Hotspot quizzes in ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How have school psychologists found Canvas to be most useful?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I've just signed both my daughters in for the first time, as the links were sent to my (the parent) email. So, it logged them both in with my email and then asked me if I wanted to link the student accounts. I did not realize at the time we could cre...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-25-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

As a parent observer, how can I change my notification settings for both my children? Right now, DAILY notifications are filling up my inbox for every course they are each taking, with student-needed course info that I do not need.  I only want to re...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-23-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

i am attempting to upload my quizzes from my pc to canvas for my course.i saved the files to a compressed zip file- i go to settings- i import tab- i select qti zip- i select my file and where they should be in course questions tab- and i upload- the...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How does Big Blue Button work with cross-listed sections? If a teachers hosts a live session with courses that are cross-listed is that available to all sections?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how to open rich content editor?(open not to use it),please give me a detailed account in your own words

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi Canvas Community,My exam contain two types of questions, for which I would like to use two different rubrics. There are four exam questions in total.It seems that quizzes/assignments can only be linked to one rubric at a time. In addition, I think...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How can I post an announcement to all courses or post an assignment to all courses rather than having to copy it over or import for every course? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello! I am a teacher using Canvas for the first time. My students have had no issues with submitting Google assignments through Canvas until today. Multiple students have had trouble submitting their Google assignment through Canvas. They say that t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have 4 class sections cross-listed and I can only access 1 section through speed grader in a discussion post. I have the discussion set up in student groups according to sections.  When trying to access speedgrader through the GRADES page, I get th...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-06-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have edited a page to change things, but I can't view how it looks. I only see the words now...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've been importing data from a workroom to a course.  In the original workroom, I set a homepage following the procedure to set a homepage.  I first made sure that the content page within PAGES was published and I made it the FRONT PAGE.   Then I we...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies