Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

We have a couple of courses we have been using through Holt McDougal Online. We were using straight page links to the courses in the module pages. This method worked for several years but just now we are being denied permission to view these pages. I...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I want to be able to set different assignment late Penalties on individual assignments rather than set it for an entire course. Assignments vary in detail and weight, some low value ones I want to not allow lateness and give a no credit value automat...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to sync assignments to my gradebook.  Other assignment I have previously done have worked just fine.  Now, I have 3 that are a light grey that will not even let me check them to try to sync to my school gradebook.  I have checked the sett...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to log communication made with students either verbal, email, phone, etc.? One idea we had was to have a “Communications” and/or “Notes” tabs for each student under the People tab (and maybe other places) where you could log any type o...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have mastery paths setup. I have researched extensively in this community and others and it appears to be setup correctly. Once the pre-assessment quiz is taken it doesn't open the mastery path assignments for the student. It says "Locked until mas...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how do i know i can advance to the next module?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Does anyone know how to have audio or video autoplay so as soon as a student opens a page the video will play automatically? I want to have dramatic music play to let students know when a special challenge awaits. This question was vaguely addressed ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am a 3rd grade teacher and I'd like to keep the dashboard as clean as possible for students. Is it possible for me to publish all my courses so students have access to the content, but for only one "home" course of my choosing to show on their dash...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello all! I am an AP US History teacher attempting to make some quizzes for my students, and I have a question about the Question Groups feature on Canvas. I know that I can create a group of questions and have Canvas pick a random set from that gro...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I try to add them it puts the entire ppt in the spot.  Thanks for any advice or tips.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I noticed an issue with the GraphQL SubmissionComment.read attribute: it seems that it is set to true when anyone reads the comment, meaning that the author sets read to true as soon as they post the comment. Thus, no comments submitted in SpeedGrade...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I typically cross-list sections within Canvas because it makes my life much easier by creating assignments with due dates broken down based on the section each student is enrolled in.  I'm curious if the Webex integration will allow me to create meet...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-22-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Can a student who enrolls in a course after I have posted an announcement see the announcement when the enrollment is complete?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi Team I want to know how to create dashboard card, immediately a user create a course, it filters out with details from the dashboard. I want to find out where is the data come from? please share some code logic to this if possible i can understand...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi Team Does anyone knows how to create side-bar menu with list of links that routes user to their courses? Need that logic as want to apply to my web development project.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way for me to have required questions that students must answer within a quiz in order to move onto the next question?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-20-2020 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

HiWe are three lecturers teaching different groups in the same course. - can we see all the messages sent by students in the inbox? - or do we just see messages from students in our groups?- how can we avoid duplicating with more than one lecturer an...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to require students to answer all questions?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a school counselor who needs ALL students to access my canvas course. I would like to do this without forcing parents to accept an invitation. How can I make the open enrollment become an external link for teachers to add to a button from their ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there an easy way to see which students have completed their assignment in Canvas without having to go to individual sections and the individual assignments? Thank you!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,Can someone please tell me where I should go to find the directions for how to set up your teacher site for students?In advance thank you so much!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If an instructor limits the number of attempts allowed for an assignment, is there a way to moderate and allow a specific student an additional attempt like this option for quizzes? NOTE: I provided a workaround, but having a built in option like wit...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-20-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I have 4 sections of Biology, I have cross-listed all my sections into 1 Maser course. I assigned a Google assignment to all sections. How do I grade this Google assignment by section? Thank You - Lisa Marmion North Penn School District

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm a beginner at Mastery Paths and just realized that there are just three paths. Is there a way to get same affect with another solution?  I have class chosing out of four topics and I would like them to see materials from the one thej choice. /Lin...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-13-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In my large lecture course, I want to track how good I am at creating assignments and training TAs. I would like to track how much time it takes, on average, to evaluate student assignments. This is possible because we all meet to do grading at the s...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My school district is new to Canvas this year, and I don't completely understand how cross-listed sections work with grading. Can someone Explain Like I'm 5 -- how does Grade Passback work for Cross-Listed sections? Does someone on the admin end need...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I keep seeing this image in student view when I load in new images/graphics.Is this really what students are seeing?  I can see the image fine when I am in teacher mode.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I share a course, will all headers and customization be shared also?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am a Graduate Teaching Assistant (co-instructor of the course), but I am unable to view the Sandbox Course created by the main instructor. Although he invited me, the Sandbox course remains listed in black font, and is not clickable (whereas for th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi,Im creating classification task with New Quizz-tool. I have 3 categories in which the students need to add certain labels. The set-up is fine but I have problems with grading. I'd like the students to get 1 point for each correct label in a correc...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies