Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Is there a notification setting to receive an email when someone replies to a student's discussion post in Canvas?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Not a big deal, but I was wondering what the new "levels" were since the community was redone.  I noticed I was a Surveyor, but now a Learner and I just wondered what that all meant.  

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to download guides for Spanish speaking students and parents. I found a place to download guides but it says I have insufficient privileges.https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Colder-Storage/Where-can-I-download-the-Guides-PDF-manuals/m-p/26163...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When you pull a video from google drive and its too big for the canvas box how do you resize it?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

There are students in a high school setting who will be using the Canvas platform for their main instruction. There are several students in the high school I am working in who have a hearing loss and on their IEP there is a service called captioning ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I need an pdf to be auto previewed, however when i follow the tutorial here: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-set-the-auto-open-for-inline-preview-for-files-using/ta-p/1051 i end up just having it buffer and buffer forever...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

There is a quiz in my gradebook that I have graded. In fact it was the very first quiz. Grades were there and now they aren't showing up. I happy to re-grade, but canvas "thinks" they are graded, which they are, but the scores are not showing up. All...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I’m wondering how do we cross-list courses that may not be of the same content area , and is there a way to allow a grade for each subject instead merging all grades into one overall score?Here are a couple examples. Teacher 1 teaches Reading & Engli...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi,I am a student of University of South Alabama.I cannot see individual course calendars altogether in my calendar located in the global navigation. I can see ONLY events that I created in my calendar. There are NO option for me to see individual co...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi People,  I am Trying to download the samples that are in DAT102-2020 2.3.2 Milestone 2 Samples. They say its Excel but when I go to open it error message saying different format.  can not complete milestone 2 without these samples.Please helpRegar...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have had this course show up on my dashboard for multiple years now and I would really like to be removed from it. I was added to it by the teacher so the drop out option is not available to me. I have tried to contact this teacher in the past, but...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I created a page that is being used by our whole school as the Homepage. I have shared the page with every grade level in the building and have had no issues with the images in the page displaying after the teachers import it to their courses. Howeve...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is anyone else getting this error message when clicking links in community.canvaslms.com pages? One example: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/FRD-Colder-Storage/What-is-New-Quizzes/m-p/254161  received after clicking on "Learn more about New Quizze...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I assign the grade or tips to students who are taking the quizzes. For example, if the student misses an answer, I want to give him a tip and allow him to try to answer the question again, without restarting the entire quizz.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In the last few days my imported links form TestOut do not come into the modules in the correct order using Chrome or Edge.  They appear at the end of the module like they used to but don't sort numerical causing me to have to manually sort them. In ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I would like to post a quiz that is non graded. Canvas keeps automatically adding 1 point. There doesn't seem to be a place to change the point value to 0. I've tried changing the label to non graded survey and it again adds a point value. How can I ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If the fill-in-the-blank answer is photosynthesis and the student answers photosynthisis, it is Autograded wrong.  I just don't have time to put in all of the ways that students can misspell that word, plus, it is marked as correct if I put that miss...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-13-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I created two classes learning this mess and now I need to delete them.  How do I do that?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-13-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I post a question on the New Quiz Forum? I subscribed to New Quiz but there're absolutely no instructions on how to post.  Thanks for any help.Don LotterCSU Sacramento, Biology

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like my assignments to have 3 scores each:- A group score for the assignment (40 points)- A participlation score for each individual in the group (5 points)- A writing score for the assignment (10 points)Is it possible to create one assignmen...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am confused about these 3 items in the subject.  I read in a post that Drive Cloud Assignments will be depricated in 2021.  Does that mean that what you have existing will no longer work or is it just you can't add assignments that way any more.Is ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am teaching a course this semester that has two sections. I have each section listed separately in Canvas (I did not set it up that way, I found it like that). Can I combine both sections into one course? If so, how? I don't want to post everything...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

IS there any way to use the Collaboration function with Groups while using a specific Google Drive Cloud Assignment and it not populating a generic doc or slide?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to embed the google slide to make the links work on an iOS app?   Thanks!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Let's say I wanted one of my rooms to view a video in their break out room, Can I add a video or a pdf to their specific room? and how

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So with this whole COVID thing going on, we are currently running a hybrid schedule. For the purposes of this post we will call them Group A and Group B. I have all my sections for each class period, but then within those class periods, we have ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I was wondering what the word limit is on the Essay Questions in Classis Quizzes. There isn't any stated word limit, so I was wondering how much text Canvas allows students to enter in the RCE before cutting them off. 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to create a collaboration, but the "Submit" button is grayed out.  I just created one for Google docs and I didn't even include any people and it let me submit that one. Also, why are observers showing up in the list to collaborate with? ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,I have a homeroom course, and I was wondering if it was possible to link an image (say of a beaker) to a different course (Science). That way, kids could easily have another link to click on so they can navigate from my homepage to the other co...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My students just completed a lengthy final exam. When they tried to submit, the page just continued to act like it was loading but the students could not submit their exams. When I go to the exam management screen, Canvas shows "no grades" for my stu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies