Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

hen I enter a grade for a quiz that students submitted, the grade is not transmitted to the gradebook. It doesn't show that the quiz has been graded, niether. What is wrong?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi all-as usual people will ask why??? i want the functionality of assignment dates but that's about it....Is there a way to make the title of an assignment pape link to another url? currently if you click on the asisgnment title you go to the assign...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am Music Encore for Elementary school - Prek - 5th gradeHow do I "push" into each class for a 30 minute lesson Without students having to log on/off

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We have enabled our google drive with the Google LTI properly. Our teacher is trying to do a collaboration with google drive. She wants to add a slide and presentation. She has two teacher accounts with google, and neither will complete authorization...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm reviewing a some courses in Canvas which does not have an Ally license associated with them. How can I check a course for ADA/WCAG compliance without Ally? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have created buttons in Canva to use on my Canvas Course Homepage. I have six different Buttons that I made (About Your Teacher, Syllabus, Assignments, Discussions, Class Resources, Learning Modules). For four of the buttons, when I link for exampl...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-13-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We sent an invite to one of our students for an upcoming course and accidentally put in the wrong name. How can we go about fixing this so that when we send her an invite in the future, it shows the correct name? She has already updated her display n...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I can't get rid of the the tiny external link icon at the bottom of one of my assignments.  Please help.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-11-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi. Keeping this short because my message was erased by Canvas when I tried to post...Using Free Canvas for Teachers.  Trying to import quiz material *from Canvas* and getting the error 'unsupported content package' after it appears to upload.  (I ha...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Does anyone know how to assign groups within a section using Canvas "group" feature. Ex: If a class has 5 lab sections meet in different times, withing each section there are 10 students to be divided in to 5 groups. is there a way to do this through...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Where should we go to let you know about links that are still broken after the community update?  I really don't want to have to repeat of the last time this happened and I was the one to have to tell you every link we had that was broken but I guess...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-12-2020 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am in the middle of a new implementation and need some advice, please. How does your district handle substitute teacher access for Canvas? Long-term subs seem easy enough, as I can add them as a TA to a course to give them limited access, grade ass...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-18-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to allow students to access assignments that their classmates have uploaded into Canvas?I have assigned each student a term paper which they'll upload into Canvas.I want students to be able to read each other's papers.Is there a way th...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've been designing Canvas quizzes for well over a year now, and just today something really weird happened—anything I put into italics in the quiz question text automatically converts into smaller, thinner, gray-colored, non-italic text.This has nev...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-13-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am trying to add an mp3 (audio) file to an image of my Bitmoji in Canvas. I know how to add the audio by itself but I want students to be able to click on the Bitmoji image and hear the audio. Is this possible?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have no edit option in Courses/Pages. there is no edit button. Does this have something to do with permissions?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to upload a google drive file on a quiz question? I made a quiz question using the upload file feature but when I click "Choose a File" it brings up the files on my computer. I don't think my students will be able to download the file ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-07-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to create an event on the course calendar that only applies to one of my student groups. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have downloaded the app, but I don't see my school system Fayette County Public Schools, Lexington, Ky. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-11-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I clean up which course navigation links the students can see? (I want to take off New Analytics, Collaborations, etc).  Thank you!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I change the clip art on the tiles in my Dashboard.  I know how to change the colors but the pictures or clip art that are currently there are not very appealing.  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I link a button that is on my homepage to another teacher's homepage?  For example, I am a classroom teacher and have a button for each Specials teacher.  When a student click on the Music button, I want it to take them to the Music teacher's ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

1 I found the revision history and want to restore the earlier content to my resource page. How do I do it?   2 My resource page and Ask a Question page have  identical.  How do I fix the link problem?  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'd like to play with the scheduler option in my sandbox course to make sure I know what I'm doing before I use the scheduler in my real course. When I try to look at the appointment times available from student view, the appointments are not visible...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

What version of Android do I need to download and use the app in Spanish?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to create a transcript in Canvas?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I selected the option in canvas to always use new quizzes (instead of choosing between classic and new each time). I've since realized that anytime I put a question bank together it is for the classic quizzes. Is there a way I can change my setting b...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can you create a page in a course for specific students, not the entire class?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What will it take for Instructure to enable some sort of autosave feature or at least a "are you sure you want to continue without saving?" message when creating a grading rubric attached to an assignment?! Once again, I lost a lot of work on a rubri...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi All, When I try to add an Appointment Group as a Calendar event, not all the courses show in the dropdown to add an event (mine only shows 5 courses), even if they are published. Any ideas on how to get all the courses to show?Thanks!

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies