Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Okay, my kids are enrolled in the Virtual Academy this year. My Senior was supposed to graduate in January with a specific schedule. The courses on his canvas for 2020-2021 are NOT the courses that he needs to do this. How do I fix this and WHO do I ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When can I join orchestra 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can I use the questions group option in New Quizzes? In other words, can I set it up so different students get a different version of a question? I know I can randomize the order of questions and the order of answers, but how do I make it so individu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to cross list courses but can only figure out how to cross-list two sections.  Is there a way to cross-list more than two sections?  I have 6 sections that I would like cross-listed into one.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have tried everything and looked everywhere for an answer on putting a due date on a quiz that is created using the New Quizzes tool. There is no option in settings, or edit, all I can do is change the questions.  Has anyone found a way to add or c...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-07-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

HiI am a high school special education teacher and need to be able to monitor my caseload's progress in each of their enrolled classes (that I am not a part of). I have tried to search for a script or any other possibility, but to no avail. Am I miss...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Like, I would like quizzes to be 20%...do I make it worth 20 points and display as percent? Thank you

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Modules is blocked my student view but I didn't block it on teacher view? How do I get it open again?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I move a module from my Sandbox into my new course?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I entered Student View and this message popped up -This assignment is part of an unpublished module and is not available yet. What do I do?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I look at the sample csv file, I'm trying to understand if the xlist_course_id is a field that already exists in Canvas or if that is a field name we create. I'm assuming that each xlist_course_id must be unique to the sections it holds. I wish ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to create a quiz that allows students the ability to choose which questions to answer.  Kind of like using question groups but instead of the questions be random, all are shown but student only have answer a certain number of their own...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I would like to please log a call to enquire about what the maximum amount of concurrent students is, that can be accommodated in a Big Blue Button meeting in one Canvas classroom?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a teacher new to Canvas as of yesterday.  I have been told that Canvas will be linked to our Power School system for grading which is broken down by blocks.  However, I think it would be beneficial to put my two blocks of PreCalc classes in as o...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to add a Google Form quiz and have Canvas grade it?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I recently copied a practice quiz into the same course it was posted in.  But instead of making a new copy, it overwrote another practice quiz that was already there!  How can I undo this?Please help.  I spent a lot of time creating the practice quiz...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello - I am trying to set up pairing codes.  I have allowed for self registration.  In my permissions, I can't click to enable students to set up pairing codes.Does it matter that the course hasn't started yet?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello -   I am a teacher. We will be using Microsoft teams this year with Canvas. I am wondering if it is possible to ::SCHEDULE A TEAMS MEETING AND HAVE THE MEETING LINK POPULATE ON CANVAS CALENDAR.    THIS THIS POSSIBLE?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there any way to set a default in Speedgrader that would automatically show the rubric for every student?  In other words, when in Speedgrader, a teacher has to click on the Show Rubric button, make selections, and then select save for that studen...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 10 Likes
  • 14 Replies

We had been using Canvas tutorial videos in our courses for students. Now the links all seem to be broken. Example: https://community.canvaslms.com/videos/1130. Can this be fixed, or will we have to relink everything.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am not sure what browser version I am using. Can someone help?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have two students that I cannot add to my Cohort so they can access the assignments that the other students can see. When I try to add them, I get an error message each time that says Oops that last request didn't work out... details Ajax Error: 40...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to write an algebra question with a division symbol in it. When I use the math quill and click done it puts words in my question that I didn't write. Will that go away when the student takes the question or quiz?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-14-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Links , files and images are not on the right side of the Edit page.  And Yes, I have scrolled down to the bottom

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-05-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have created and set up LTI 1.3 tool with LTI Key - Canvas Release: LTI 1.3 and LTI Advantage (2019-06-22) Now when launch the tool inside canvas, able t do the auth process and got the 'id_token' as response and canvas display my success page. Now...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am creating a #SCORM 1.2 package from #Storyline 360. I am triggering Course Completion from a slide and when I publish to SCORM I am tracking by selecting the option called "Track using complete course trigger" in Storyline.When I upload to Canvas...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I combine two sections from the same course?  Due to our distance learning schedule and plan for a return to hybrid learning, we have double sections to reflect two cohorts.  How can I combine both cohort sections into one?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

The only courses that come up are for Health, Chemistry, and Earth Science. I thought VVA offered multiple physics courses...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I set up my home page 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am brand new to Canvas on the teacher side. My students don't have Google Classroom access but they do have access to the Google Drive.How do I add a Google Doc that can be edited and submitted into Canvas? I have resources I'd like to use but I st...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies