Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How do I open a course? Or is it "Just opened automatically" when the student signs up for classes?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I like the elementary theme but is there a way to override the navigation choices? I'd like to add something that the theme automatically hides, yet adding it to the navigation in settings doesn't make it visible in the student view. I like the font ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-04-2020 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My co teacher and I need to merge our classes to optimizeconference time. How do we do that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like the students to see the 'assignments' link in their left hand menu.  How can I add 'assignments' to their menu?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am at the elementary level. My students are in 5 classes, but I want them to only see one page and not five.  Is there a way to do this or do I need to reduce the number of classes in Skyward? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How can I create rubrics for learning outcomes that include longer descriptors for each level of performance? I don't see a place to add these descriptions in the the outcome creation section:Nor can I figure out a way to add them in the rubric creat...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you annotate a PDF in Canvas as a student?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a lab course with 5 sections (different meeting times- different formal instructors) - easy enough to do a crosslisted course and all the content is there for all students etc.  The problem is now with the distancing issues we need to do an al...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In canvas quizzes, it's possible to randomize question order, which is great. But I can't figure out how to get it to only randomize multiple choice questions, while keeping the essays at the end still. Is it possible to do this?I know there's a grou...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do i add non USF faculty to a canvas course?it does recognize the ELON email. (dnowosiadlo@elon.edu) a graduated USF doctoral student who is now at ELON. university as an assistant professor.i am trying to add her to my fall courseEEX 7429 and EE...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am doing an activity that has several parts and I want to have the next and previous buttons appear at the bottom of my page? How do I do that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I am in the middle of completing Canvas Training. I am trying to set up the sandbox my school district has a code I have to type in to search for the grade appropriate template. When I type in the code for the template there are no results tha...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible to retrieve a draft email in canvas which has not been sent?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I add  VocabularySpellingCity  as a external link to Canvas. I added the codes Canvas asked for from VocabularySpellingCity and the name came up on the left hand of the screen. Seemed great until I clicked to link and it went no where. Any thoughts o...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I embed a video from Safe You Tube (I only get a link from there) into an assignment?  It looks like it's uploaded to My Library in CANVAS, however,when I try to embed it (using Record/Upload media) it says that "No media" is in the library.Th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-27-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I need to create a yearbook course on Canvas and would like to use, as assignments, spreads created on the Entourage Online Yearbook platform. Is this type of Canvas assignment considered as an "External tool"? If so, is it possible to configure it? ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-07-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Does any one know a reason why I can't see all student comments on threaded discussions in the teacher app? When I'm in student mode, I can see them fine. The only way I can see several comments on the teacher app is if I click edit. I'm a long time ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I accidentally misspelled a student name on a Free for Teachers Canvas site. I cannot change it; neither can the student. When I write to Canvas for help I get an auto-response saying the only help with:> Deleting Accounts > Restoring Deleted Courses...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I embed a Kahoot game directly onto my assignment/page in Canvas.I have tried the iFramegenerator and that does not work 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I set an assignment to 3 decimal places for a grade?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! We just adopted Pearson MyPerspectives. We sign in to Savvas Realize for our textbook and resources. I added the Pearson app, but my credentials aren't accepted using it because it goes to the Pearson website instead of Savvas. Does anyone know i...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can't login to canvas account. I have username i just need to reset my password.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Android 9 Moto G plus.  "Push notifications have not been registered for this device".  Battery saving is not active.I'm an instructor, using the student app as a test student.  Possibly that is the problem?  If so, how do I get notifications as an i...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a specific page set as front page but course still opens directly to modules.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

On my Canvas page I am trying to record a video on New Rich Content Editor for trial.When I click on it it says" Video audio not enabled" I am using Safari. 13.1 as my browser. Please advise. Thank you.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Do I need to wait for my confirmation email for the first module before starting the next one? It's been 30 minutes and my confirmation email is not in my inbox nor my 'junk email'.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I transfer google games I have bought from teacher pay teacher into canvas so that each student has their own copy?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am a professor trying to do unit quizzes for my class. How can I do this on Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why is my video not uploading on my canvas page?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies