Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How do I access previous semester shells?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I had previously uploaded a sandbox training course in my Canvas. However, I accidentally deleted it. How can I access it again? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am hoping to incorporate "Mastery Quizzes" into my course and wondering best approach to do so.  The idea is that students could take a quiz and if they achieve a score of at least 80%, they would receive full credit (eg. 10 points) for that quiz. ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I want to make every test in a course worth 100 points, even all but one of the quizzes are only 50 questions.  How do I go about doing this.  

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello! Does anyone have tips/info for dropping a lowest grade in the gradebook? I will be assigning 17 discussions this semester of either 30 or 15 points each. I want to drop the lowest 15 point Discussion from their final grade. How can I set that ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-18-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

where do I find the classes I am already enrolled in?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-03-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! I accidentally cross listed my self-created course I've been adding to all summer into my second period course created from the SIS. None of my content shows up and there isn't a "de-cross list" option when I go into sections in the settings. Ple...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Where do I find the HTML editor? I am trying to embed a google slide. I have the embed code but it doesn't say pages on the right side of my screen. I have created 3 courses. Where do the pages come from?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If I am a self-contained elementary teacher and be grading four subjects. Do I need to create four course shells or one shell and add separate modules? I want students to be able to navigate easily to each subject and not have it under one course. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

What if I want to add an assignment to a section?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have logged onto my Canvas account through RapidIdentity and when I access the dashboard or courses I do not have the option on the right side to create a new course.  I do not know how to get that added to my page.  Can someone reach out to help w...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where do I find the 9-12 English electives (Creative Writing) landing page so that I can add it to my courses?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I cross list courses?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi my name is Hannah Johnson.  yesterday I downloaded the lockdown app. and was going to take my final exam/test for art history 101, I put in hjohnson6201 and password ..  It said did not exist .  Then I tryed it with the @email.vccs.edu... Same thi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

what is a "global activity stream" ?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a way that parents can use the Canvas Parent App to directly message the instructor and have it appear in the instructor's Canvas Inbox?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

where is the online chat?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where do I find my client ID ?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I don't want to retype all my quizzes, so I will include a pdf version of the questions and have students only enter their answers. I have the choice A-E for every question. Is there a way to copy the question (which is blank) with the 5 choices 50 t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I get authorization to upload a SCORM file in my demo course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can I push assignments to students from google drive and is there a way to "make a copy for each student" like in Google Classroom?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

As an admin how do I add a new teacher to my teacher list? I went to the poeple section and selected +people. I was able to add her, but she does not show up as a teacher. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm new to Canvas and I can see where an instructor could open a page and click the "link" icon to add course links to a classic quiz, however, none of my new quizzes show up in the list of links to add to a page. How can we add new quizzes to a Canv...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-10-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Can I import a quiz into Canvas from a word doc?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can the list of recent feedback on right side of dashboard be cleared or condensed?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can I recover the deleted page?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I change a user type for someone? Their account type, not the role they are assigned in a course?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

how to create a poll question

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In the classic version we were able to create a question with multiple drop down and multiple fill in the blanks, IS IT POSSIBLE TO DO THIS IN THE NEW QUIZZES?? Please  #newquizzescanvas  #multipledropdown 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I embed something from google drive?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies