Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

¿Cómo puedo hacer visible a los estudiantes una opción en el menú al inciar Canvas? me aparecen varias secciones como no visibles (Tareas, archivos, etc) a los estudiantes?Este mensaje ha sido traducido usando Google Translate.How can I make a menu o...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-02-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need help with adjusting a table. It looks weird and as you know we teachers are very particular. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I insert my photo on my home page?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have deleted a discussion, but it still shows up in my syllabus even though I have another activity in its place.  When I click on the discussion item, Canvas takes me to my list of discussions but it gives me the message that discussion in questio...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, I use <BLOCKQUOTE> to get some white space on the left margin of Pagesto block off material..A grey line shows up in student view.  How can I either:get rid of the grey line,create the same sort of indents to  block of units of material?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-31-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I submitted a response but when I try to reply it is not letting me in.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Goal: To save a Fall 2019 Class for future useI have imported my sp 2020 into fall 2020.  Good to go.Question: To save a Fall 2019 class, I exported it. Hoping to access it for future use - not this semester.**Where is it exported to? I clicked on Ne...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-03-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I do not want to change the settings for each class; can I merge all classes so that all have the same settings?  The same question is for pages. I want most of my courses to have the same pages, but it looks like I will have to individually. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have copied a course into a master template. When the reviewers look at the class in 'student view' they can not see my photos. I however can see the photos when I am looking at it from the 'teacher view'. Is there a way to make all of the photos r...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Do they get an email? If so, will a notification be sent if a meeting is set up before the course date start? Do they get a pop-up window? Does it show 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

What is a "Sandbox" course?How do I add an assignment to my Sandbox course called Practice Assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-03-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I create a Canvas shell for advising where I keep documents, resources, etc.? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The appointment group tab isn't coming up on my sandbox. Do I have to have students enrolled to view it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We are required to develop an attendance plan for our district to submit to the state for approval. Using the asynchronous method, how can we account for attendance for our students in a lagging system (we will have from 12:00 AM until 11:59 PM for o...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have published my homework classroom and I told parents to go there to get onto my Webex meeting tonight. I’m not sure why but they are not seeing my course on their homepage. Can you please help me with this? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I use a permalink to a streaming video?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I was using this API to get all users enrolled in course, there are more than 1000 users in the course, it worked before , but now no matter the page is it's only return same 100 results. /api/v1/courses/8773/enrollments?per_page=100&page=1/api/v1/co...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I imported content from another course, had help from you guys to do it.  when I went back, after making all my. changes, they were all gone.  Full days work, gone poof.  help . . .

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm linking mcgraw-hill connect homework assignments with my canvas course. they show up in the grade book as they should in my assignment group called homework.  They don't all have the same number of questions (some have 4, some 7, etc). when grade...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-01-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you take items out of a Monday button and replace the next week?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-01-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created a test for my class. The normal time for everyone is 2.5 hours. But I have a DPS student who needs 5 hours. How can I extend the Test time for "just one student"? My test is today, please help me. Thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I hit Edit on a page, I don't have the right-hand sidebars. What do I need to do?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to see how a student did on a particular Outcome each time it was assessed using a rubric that included the outcome?  I know how to see the summary score in the Learning Mastery Gradebook, but I'd like to be able to see how they did ov...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I cannot "unfavorite" any of my unpublished classes...from 2018/'19. I would like to remove them. It only allows me to move them up/down/left/right...totally different than my coworker's screen options. How do I fix this? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 Replies

When I click the "validate links" under settings, I get that some of my links are not available. How do I fix a link that is not working for students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-04-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I get the students to se areas that are not visible 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can i delete a page on canvas

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm teaching 3rd grade and helping students create accounts. One of the accounts was created using the link in the email and didn't ask for the student to create a username, so it  automatically defaulted to using the email as their username. How do ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am drafting a syllabus; there is no icon (that I recognize) for page break\

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-14-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

ho

(Community Novice)