Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

When I create a new page and edit it I never get the HTML editor option.  How do I get that to show up or where do I find it so I can embed outside content?Thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-04-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Our district creates courses in Math, Reading, Science, and Social Studies which automatically populates with our students for the year.  I would like to streamline the way that students access modules/assignments for our upcoming school year.  I wou...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I love the discussion abilities that Canvas gives us teachers!  I used it in Blackboard in other classes, and the students enjoyed it too.I am a high school ELA teacher.  I want to use discussions to pose thought-provoking questions that students wou...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you get Google Slides/Docs to authorize from Canvas. It keeps saying Authorize by logging in, but does not have a log in screen. I am logged into my account. What am I missing? I am trying to add Google slides to Canvas for assignments. Thanks...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am using the free account, but my district is in the process of purchasing/setting up Canvas for everyone.  Will I be able to transfer my data from my free account to the paid version?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a template in the RTE for outline format?  If not, can I create one?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I imported a page from my practice/free  Canvas account to my school official account.  For a few days, everything worked beautifully.  Now, none of the images are showing up.  This is what I am seeing:I tried deleting the page and importing it again...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Now that I have taken the Canvas training, I'd like to practice and explore on my own.  My district will set up the courses I will be teaching, but I'd rather practice on something that will not actually be used.  Is there a way to just practice usin...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-31-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a template downloaded but cannot change the pictures on the buttons, how do I do this, I have the new ones saved but am not given the ability to change the picture from the menu.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can I live Stream a lesson and record the lesson at the same time?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I've created my course.  Modules and Pages are not showing in Student Preview mode.  Will they appear after I publish the course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Though Google Classroom, as instructors, we were given the option to "make a copy for each student" of a particular document.  This would allow each student to have their own google document to write and edit upon. They would then submit the document...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello I don't see how we can upload the lecture slides on canvas and also how can we make things accessible/visible to students? Finally, I see that all my previous modules on Blackboard have already been transferred to Canvas? Do we need to do anyth...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to add substitutes to a course and if so, what will be their access?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-03-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Will parents still get grade notifications?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

What is the maximum number of questions can I give in an examination?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to send an invitation link to the students for enrolling in the course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have set an assignment for just a few students from a class. The assignment is not visible in student view. Is this the norm?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am grading an assignment using a rubric.  I have the assignment hidden until I have finished grading.  In speed grader, I fill out the rubric and save it, and then I enter the grade into the box at the top of the screen.  For half of my students, t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I couldn't find a way to enable students to download all the videos from a Kaltura playlist in one go. Has anyone had any luck? The only way I could see is enabling videos to be individually downloadable - but not the playlist as a whole.Many thanks ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

i want to export course content fr@m a free account to a paid acct but my computer is not recognizing imscc files. i have windows 2016. how can i download this program?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How instruct grade book to treat a  Blank Cell as zero till it is marked

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I finished a course. How can I get a certificate?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I tried setting requirements for a Module. As I tried to select a Quiz to be a requirement, the Option "Score at least _____" does not appear. The only Options that appear : View, Mark as Done, Contribute to the page.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have submissions from students.  Essays to annotate and grade, but the annotation tools at the top of the page had disappeared.  The students have submitted this way before and I have corrected before.  Their files have always been compatible with ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I logged on and my entire reading module is missing. How can I recover it? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi could you please let me know  how I can copy all materials from the last year course  to the  new year course? Regards, Hamid 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-30-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I hit Edit on any Page, there is no HTML icon in the top right corner and no Link/File/Image panel. I need these functions. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I put a picture on my course in my dashboard?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm having a hard time accessing turnitin, where is the dash board located so I can use it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies