Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Does a course have to be completely done before it is published? Our school is new to Canvas and we will be unable to get a entire semester's worth of work up before Sept 1...ideas or solutions? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I find it a HUGE OMISSION on Canvas's part that there is no plagiarism checker in the Discussion Board assignments. I have to personally check them myself with random copy & paste into Google searches. SUCH a waste of instructors' time. When is Canva...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Last spring, when students turned a Google Doc in to Canvas, the doc was reformatted to a pdf.  As a world language teacher, it is helpful for me to see the edit history of student work, as many use Google Translate to write in English and then trans...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I set-up a SANDBOX course?  I went to the dashboard, but I do not see a place to add a course.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-27-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I have allocated students into teams on the people page. How do students determine their teams? As they don't have access to the peoples page.Please advise.Thanks,Colin.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have 44 item banks in "OLD" Quizzes and I'm trying to convert them over into New Quizzes.  How do I get them into a QTI file so I can import?  I can follow the importing directions all the way up to the browse files for import step.  I've migrated ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Message on canvas is informing me that my browser does not meet requirements. I have never had this issue.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Student view CANVAS conference.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I save a video to "OneDrive"?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I don't have a handy, live student to test this with just now. Can someone confirm whether it's true that students can see their earlier submissions for a re-submitted assignment AND the teacher's earlier feedback (via annotations) if they use the AP...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am not sure if I am looking in the right link to see all my course units.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

For more than a decade I have been employed on Fixed Term Contracts and do my online work from home (using Firefox) because that is the most convenient. Everything has worked well but today I tried to go into my uni e-mails and this came up.And I agr...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

This year will be the first year our K-12 campus will be using Canvas. At the elementary level we will still be allowed to link our Seesaw assignments to Canvas for another year.  Any advice on how to use Canvas groups to help primary students collab...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way when a student opens a quiz to stop him/her from opening other windows? My concern is that when my students who are learning online take a quiz, they would be able to swipe over, type the problem into Mathways or something like that, g...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way for a student to disable the auto-popup for a auto-save content? I get these popups for the text of my last previously-submitted comment each time I go to write a new comment. I don't see this as an option in settings.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

No matter what width and height I add to the embed code, the published google doc seems to have a width that does not fill out and match the iframe.  Below is a screenshot.  You can see that the desired width of the iframe is the gray box below, but ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

1) Where is the Q&A thread?2) Is it the same as the Discussion thread in a class?3) How do I start a Discussion?4 How do I reply to a Discussion?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I do not see the new quizzes option in my canvas? Is this an upgraded option?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-26-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a Google Drawing created with links to various aspects that we will use in conjunction with Canvas. However, when I embed the drawing into my homepage, the links do not come through. Any ideas how to fix this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I have several videos in ITurns. I need to move them to Canvas.Does anyone know how to do it?I also tried to copy podcast links and insert them by using the Record/Upload Media Tool in the Rich Content Editor, but I was not able to make them wo...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have an exam in Proctorio extension, and when i sign in to it i cannot see the class assignment , i am only able to see my old class from 2019. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

some grades are not calculating in gradebook

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Note:  Canvas won't let me log on to my original account anymore.Thanks,

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Have you embedded a Seesaw assignment in Canvas? If so, what are the steps to embed a Seesaw assignment? I don't want just the redirect, that I have, I want to know if we can actually embed an assignment. 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-26-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

in a discussion how do I add a chart/graph to my reply? I know it is possible because others have done it. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I want to removed the link to some videos I embedded on my home page.  Can someone tell me how to do this, pretty please?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I take a screenshot?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How many student and teacher I can enroll for one course.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

hello everyone. i just started at ashford university as a student and i would like to add my linkedin profile to my canvas profile under links. this is to assist me with an assignment this week. any help or guidance will be greatly appreciated.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies