Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

in a discussion how do I add a chart/graph to my reply? I know it is possible because others have done it. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I want to removed the link to some videos I embedded on my home page.  Can someone tell me how to do this, pretty please?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I take a screenshot?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-27-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How many student and teacher I can enroll for one course.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

hello everyone. i just started at ashford university as a student and i would like to add my linkedin profile to my canvas profile under links. this is to assist me with an assignment this week. any help or guidance will be greatly appreciated.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where is  the OUTCOME section lo CANVAS..????  I do not see it  located in  ANY panel or list. I Nam stuck and can not move on..PLEASE ADVISE   ASAP!!!  thank you!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Creating a Practice CourseWhen creating my practice course, I click on courses on the vertical bar.  Instead of All Courses, it says Sandbox. Do I use that to create my practice course?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HelloIn my school,we used MS Teams as the main platfrom in teaching and Communication with studentsi just wonder , can we embedded  students class notebook which is created in Microsoft teams,And using canvas assignment/speed grader/  rubrics, for ma...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My school is switching to a hybrid schedule, meaning I will have students registered for the same class but half will be at school while the other half is eLearning (then the groups switch every other day). My school requires that we post an agenda t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Users with Mac can´t reach the BBB-conference today, there are landing on the demo site or by blindsidenetworks - do anybody encountered the same problem? Do you have a solution?THX Judit

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm using the Flipgrid external tool, but I want to split my students into groups and have them view and reply only to members in their group. I've had Canvas create the groups automatically.  However, when I add Flipgrid, it states that external too...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Most of us embed google slides and then have hyperlinks in our slides that go to other places. However, is it possible to have links that go to other places in canvas? I know I can link items in canvas to other items in canvas but can I have hyperlin...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I've joined the craze and made a Bitmoji Classroom that I will use as my Canvas homepage.  I made the "classroom" in Google Slides.  I'd like to have a "To Do" list on the "classroom" where students will click and be sent to another place within Canv...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-30-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I believe this just happened after the latest update.I enter math equations and constants for my chemistry classes using the advanced math editor. All of my previously made math equations in LaTeX now have "Latex: " inserted into the editing window. ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do you move files from Google Drive to Canvas? Not in assignments, but in instructor files.So far, I've had to download EVERY SINGLE FILE in my course folders to be able to move them into Canvas Files.So... I'm not feeling the "integration" of Go...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a Home Page with links to a Start Here page, Modules, Grades, and Syllabus. I tried to hide the Modules and Syllabus from the Navigation menu so that the students would just navigate to those places from the Home Page, but when I hide them, th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For the life of me, I can't remember how to get a discussion under the correct module. How do I go about doing this? The discussion is under Discussion, but not under the Module it needs to be. Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am learning new quizzes.   I have been happy with some of the changes but I am currently frustrated.  We are new to Canvas this summer so I hadn't really done much in classic quizzes.  I am hoping this is operator error.  I put together a quiz.  I ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-17-2020 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I have a course setup where I would like to distribute submissions to students, so that each student can correct another student's answers, based on an answer template I provide.Is this practically supported in Canvas? This can be either an assignmen...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When adding a page I don't see HTML editor option?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was inputting information on modules and lost the data. The modules are there but they are empty. How do I get them back? thx

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a math teacher who has a full class, but 12 of the 25 students are dual-credit students who must meet additional requirements. She would like to create a group of these 12 students so she doesn't have to select their 12 names each time she giv...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-25-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I would like to take a survey of demographics with my students

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am using a Surface Pro and Surface Pen and I cannot write clearly in Speed Grader.  I saw a few comments that suggested there was a fix to this, but I cannot find it.  Can you provide an update?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I noticed that new quizzes does not have access to math type. It has MathQuill, but it is very limited in comparison to MathType.  Will new quizzes get a better equation editor like MathType?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am a school counselor and the district mental health and social emotional director. I'm hoping to create an online office where students, staff and parents are able to access links and supports. It would be ideal for my online office to be built in...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way that I can link HMH Into Math interface and Wonder's ConnectED so students have a single sign on, and I can assign content through Canvas or through these portals and have them sync?ConnectED has an app but I did not see one for HMH. W...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The HTML editor link in not showing when I click new page. How do I get it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

LTI launch messages signed with OAuth 1.0A included the following custom parameters by default (i.e. without asking):custom_canvas_api_domaincustom_canvas_course_idcustom_canvas_enrollment_statecustom_canvas_user_idcustom_canvas_user_login_idcustom_c...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies