Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How to create a rubric for Multiple choice questions.  Specifically, if I have a quiz with 5 MC and T/F questions. How do I create a rubric for this

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How to I upload my work in my sand box to my computer so I can attach it.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I teach multiple classes and two different content areas (Math and science to 4 different classes). I also use Infinite Campus grading system which can work with Canvas. I am wondering is it better to create one course for each class and maybe add se...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We have an LTI tool and are experiencing an interesting issue with the student app. The tool itself opens fine in both the student and the teacher Canvas app. In the page of the tool are various buttons that all work well. One of the buttons in the t...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello.We are thinking about enabling the Google Apps LTI to enable Google Sheets and Presentations to be shared as Collaborations and also to have the Google Apps icon avaiable in External tools in the RCE for easy Google App embedding and linking.Ho...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Last school year, I manually created a course. I do not teach a class, I am a 6th grade ESE Support Teacher. I created a Resource Room Course and basically developed announcements/reminders for my students.I currently went to view my dashboard and my...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Help! I have downloaded several templates to set up courses, different for each, but when I try to upload them to the courses, the process gets 'stuck' at 100%, yet still indicates 'uploading...'.  For hours.  Any suggestions?  I thought I'd done eve...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I don't understand how to create my own rubric in canvas. I want to be able to add my own criteria and points.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-23-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If I make a module in course how can I duplicate the whole thing and just change the due dates? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am attempting to create question banks for exam questions in canvas, but when I attempt to follow the instructions, I get a message that moving questions failed, please try again, when I attempt to copy questions from an old set of quiz questions t...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As an instructor and not admin, can I change the course icon from the Canvas compass to something else?  If so, how do I do this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you upload an editable Google Doc into a group's files?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible to use a template in Collaborations?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can we send one slideshow to a group of students?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi All!I have another question.  In the Fall semester, we have 108 students in the Senior Nursing course.  There will be 3 tests then a Final Exam.  My faculty member only uses BlackBoard and Canvas for the student grades.  With the COVID 19 epidemic...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I combine two sections of the same course into one course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I remove the "Drop files here to add to Module" that is showing up beneath each module in my course?  This just started showing up and it is extremely annoying because I need to be able to see more of the course on the screen at one time.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-01-2020 View Solution
  • 7 Likes
  • 9 Replies

We want to incorporate social-emotional learning goals into our Canvas platform. Can I add those standards and their 4 point rubrics?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

HiI have got a homepage but I was trying to connect a calendar to the home page so that I could set up links to modules so I could do daily work there. Can you help me! 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am fully aware from reading past questions that the immersive reader is only a trial and only functions on pages. When is the trial up? Please don't say that it may go away! Is there an ETA if at all for when it may be added to assignment and quizz...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 0 Replies

If I entered a grade of 0 for a student who did not submit an assignment, can the student still do a late submission?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I import one course to another?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-27-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i did a course for 3days , but my notifications settings was not set right. how can i get those notifications and course content, today was the last day of the course.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I format my pages? For example, I want to add an image and have the text wrap around it. So far, I have only been able to get the text to wrap above and below an image, not to the side.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I had two separate google docs to submit as an assignment. After sending the first doc, the program is not allowing me to re-access the submit page to send the second doc? I want to get credit for the full assignment, but only half was able to be sub...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I try to save my photo in  My Account settings, it will not save. After clicking save, it says selecting image but doesn't ever save it. Ideas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I like to have my students assess themselves by filling out the rubric when they upload the assignment and BEFORE I complete the rubric myself.   Is there a way to do this with a CANVAS rubric?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I add or post a link to an article? I tried doing it the same way as I do with a Youtube video (external URL) but with no success.  Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

hi im a student .. i dont get notification for my courses, 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies