Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How do I add Seesaw to Canvas?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Where do you find a transcript that you were awarded for finishing a course for PD?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have cross-listed our special area classes into one grade level course.  However, one teacher already had assignments for the upcoming year in her separate course (There are no student submissions because we have not yet started our SY). None of th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We currently have students take Quiz 1 and if they score satisfactorily, they are done. If they fail Quiz 1, they have the option to take Quiz 2 (which is different from Quiz 1). We have had some students successfully complete Quiz 1 and then receive...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We are an apple county so we dont have immersive reader.  Is there another function that can read to students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I know this question has been asked a lot but I feel my problem is a little unique.   I'm setting up a Course in Canvas with Mastery Path's activated.  I'm working on the first module.  The Module is set up like this: First, students read a page.  Se...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how to customize course card picture

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-14-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I make a Module available for only one student?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How to extend due date for one student in ProctorU?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I can't find "points" field when setting up a quiz. I want to add the value of the quiz, but a field doesn't appear. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have 2 students that need to complete a survey that's already been closed. If I put their names in the 'assigned to' box, do I still need to remove the closed date?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I would like my students to be able to read each other's essays in the "discussions" section without downloading the document. Is there a way for them to upload, have other students click on the document without downloading, read it on screen, then p...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I make a course a favorite on the app? I have an Android phone and I can't find to where to make a course a favorite

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-22-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am failing to access the content for my courses please help, if i click on the course the screen just goes blank

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Which best integrates with Canvas? Which is everyone using? When does the free stop?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

##When a student turns in an assignment through Canvas, where can I find it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If two teachers are connected to a course, is it possible for them to sync their individual grades to PowerSchool?  For example if you have a combined related arts course, could the art, PE, and Music teacher record separate grades?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how do you embed a video into a Page in Canvas?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This is a very specific question, and I am going to try and word it in the least confusing way as possible. I am an English teacher new to Canvas this year. In the past we have used Google Classroom. This year, I want my students to use DIGITAL readi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am trying to begin my annual training and my dashboard is hazy and flickers and does not show anything.  Also when I click on "courses" no course content is available.  This annual training was due to be available on July 20, 2020.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why are some of my courses listed as “published” and the newer courses listed as “unpublished, “and should I just click “publish” to be sure my students can view my notes posted on canvas or other announcements that I make or exactly what should I do...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

On the left I am missing quizzes and assignments 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-24-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

why isn't my dashboard showing 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I need to be able for students to input multiple numeric answers in to a question, specifically for questions that have multiple correct answers...not either/or answers, but both answers must be correct in order for the question to be correct. Is the...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a built in tool that allows you to use a whiteboard and record voice overs while writing and adding pictures? Like for recording and annotating lessons? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In the student view, when I click on a page is says it's been disabled.  How do I change that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

If i have 3 assignments in a group, and this group is worth 10% of total grade,  how are the assignment weight if they have different points?assignment1 28 pt2 44 pt3 50 pt  will it add up the points of all assignments and then weight 10%?or is each ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I use external link so I put a youtube video in canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can a student change their email address in their log in user name? I have been able to change the email address within their profile but they still need to log in with their old email address, I cannot see where this can be changed? Mnay thanks

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm wanting to adjust the weighting within an assignment group. So for example, if i have an assignment group that makes up 65% of the whole course grade. Within this assignment group, there are two assessment items within this group with a weighting...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies