Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I have created several slides that I used in my Google Classrooom from last year.  Is it possible to import them into Canvas, and if so, how?  Thank you in advance.  Nicole

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how can i type my answer in when the teacher gave out assignment 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm considering a switch to Perusall as a substitute for regular discussions. My classes are large and I need to break them down into groups for any discussion-like assignment. Can Perusall be used with Groups in Canvas? #perusallassigned groups‌

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-12-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I eliminate the "drop files here" prompt from module in canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

This past year, I started using pages as the homepage option in my Canvas courses. I would create a new homepage for each week of the term, which I could set as the first thing my students see using the "Choose Home Page" option in the course setup. ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In a cross-listed course with multiple sections, can I assign a different color to each section in the calendar view?  Are there other ways to visually distinguish between sections?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am unable to embed an image into question box in Quizzes. I keep receiving a question mark in a blue box.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My professor gave me an add number and today I added the course. The course does not show up on Canvas and there are assignments that we have to complete and 1 of 2 meetings have taken place already. Could someone help me with getting access to Canva...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible to create a standard signature in the conversations box? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I think I pushed complete when I wasn't done with a course.  How do I go back and unclick it?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My district put course shells of all my past and current classes on my dashboard.  How do I remove the empty shells of classes I have taught so that the only classes that show up are the ones I'm currently teaching?  Thank you! 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-20-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a student in the class of NCL 8-week Online PSE 210.I have a problem about my e learning task of Tuesday's Reading&Writing task.My problem is that I make sure that I had finished all the questions in this activity before I submitted the task yes...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to add qualitative feedback in the rubric for each rubric’s criteria.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello Fellow Canvas Users,I'm new to Canvas and creating my first course with it. I suspect there are arguments for both options, but does it make sense to create one course for the lecture and three lab sections? I will have grad students responsibl...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I used the "Copy to..." feature on a Quiz twice, after editing the first copy of it, and it merged/mangled the first version instead of making a second (I was splitting an exam into two parts). I understand this is "expected" on your end, but it is n...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How long does it take for Canvas grades to show up in Skyward?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello!I cannot log in on Canvas. It seems something wrong with me. I have an assignment due today. Hope can get help soon.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello; My name is Ana Puello, and I am a Clinic Administrator in the Clinic Department, Brooklyn Law School. I need to add fall students to the Corporate RE Clinic. Is this something that only the professor can do, or can I do this for her?Thank you,...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have submitted a request several times for a password reset and i still havent recieved a email for me to reset.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

publish final grades

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can anyone tell me why we are getting this message when using Respondus Lockdown Browser?  We are getting the same message with the lab version and also the desktop version.  "Your browser doe not meet the minimum requirements for Canvas. Please visi...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-26-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I would like to know how, if possible, to upload or link into an accessible syllabus in Canvas. I create the document in Word and have done the best I can with headings and with links (I guess). I'm still learning about best practices. Normal copy/pa...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Our school uses Power School and we grade on percentages, not points.  So, I assume if I want to synch canvas with Power School, then the grades in Canvas also need to be in percentages.  I am importing quizzes from Problem Attic into Canvas and am a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I want to archive old classes and remove them from my main Dashboard

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I know that we have a limit on the 500MB on the file uploads, can we purchase more? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I believe you can make an activity in a module required so that you cannot move on in the module before completing it. How do I do this?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-28-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I create a button on the Homepage?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-22-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I just completed the K-12 Training Modules.  I have pictures to prove I took it.  Badgr was supposed to send a code in 10 minutes and it has been over 30.  I completed the survey and did everything correctly. I have emailed one of our manager at the ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can you publish what is in you sandbox course in order to save and use materials you have created in an actual course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We are using the Free for Teacher option - is it possible to use the Parent App with the free version and if so could someone talk me through how to pair with your student in the app. I've tried scanning the student's QR code which gives and error an...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies