Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I would like to separate students into groups to aid me as instructor - we have students from 20 different schools enrolled and i would like to sort/view students by school. Is this possible? If I create these groups manually and add the students, wi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way, in a multiple choice question, to have the last choice as 'other' with a text box so that the respondent can tell me what is 'other' ?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I wanted to go to online class yhis morning, but it always said the CHROME 78 is to low, I need to update to CHROME 79, but I can update CHROME in China, what shold I do?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-20-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why do I get this message on a new course I created? "This course is offered under a Public Domain?" Did I do something wrong? My other courses never had that show up?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-19-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas Speedgrader has stopped working for me when I view uploaded files. I can access the speedgrader, but when I do, it never loads the assignment in the view window if the student has submitted a file. I have to download the assignment in order to...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Dear Canvas,First of all, thank you for your support.I have installed many grammar quizzes per week for my classes in the Fall.I want to learn how to allow my students multiple attempts, without checking the box each time I have to publish.Is there a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-19-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My son is attending a virtual boy scout camp starting this evening. The classes were originally sent to my work computer and I accepted them. How does my son access the classes on his own computer. He is getting an "Enrollment Link Invalid" message.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

So I'm taking a summer class on canvas, and my grades haven't been updating. I've contacted my professor about this issue multiple times, and she doesn't know what the issue is either. She just keeps telling me to wait and see if the grades will upda...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can I create a Module or folder inside a module? We have a modules with 5 weeks and I would like to create a folder inside the module for each week.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It was suggested that I make a copy of my video before adding a quiz to it.  Is this true and if so, how do I copy the video?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there an intro/overview to Canvas video that I can use in my classes for new participants, that are not familiar with Canvas?  I teach teachers and some of them have never taken a Canvas class.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I import a course shell?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I created a quiz, I think in Classic Canvas, and created question groups.  I thought these would automatically register as question banks, under "question banks" but they did not.  How do I import question groups from my quiz into question banks w...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 10 Replies

I have an upcoming course and have sent up a link for students to enroll. However, when they do so, their names are not displayed under People or above their posts in discussions. Instead, the Name field is literally empty, except for one student, wh...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

What is the easiest process for importing Google Docs?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am participating in a professional workshop where they are using Canvas to distribute materials. They have sent me an email with a link to the course, however it won't show up on my Canvas homepage. Every time I click the link, I enter my school na...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Do the courses start automatically when a new course begins?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I manually create a column in the Canvas gradebook so I can manually post a grade in that column?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to use Proctorio. It is installed but I can not find how to set up for an exam. thanks

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How to undo a grade in speedgrader (non-point learning outcome)

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

como asegurar que los  contenidos se ven de manera secuencialTranslation from Google Translate:how to ensure content is viewed sequentially

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can courses belong only to one term?  Does this mean that every new term a teacher must create/import a new course?What is the easiest way to set up the term and grading schedule?  Should I make 4 terms, each with their own specific grading period th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I saw that grades can be displayed as GPA scale. What GPA scale does Canvas use? How can we calibrate that scale? How does Canvas computed based on GPA?Any help in this would be greatly appreciated!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

i have three children and i signed out of one and when i try to log in the other it keeps signing in the one only why cant i sign in the other are yall just as dumb as the computers.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

They need to count a set of objects and then circle the answer by moving a shaded oval over the correct answer.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I would like to require students to post a discussion board response that is at least 200 words. Is there a means by which I can require student responses to be at least this length in order to submit their response? Basically, so that if they po...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I really can't log into CCIM portal, can any one help me? It's been 2 weeks since I request techinacl support. Can someone call me [telephone number redacted by Community Team] ASAP?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Edu App Center 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I set up a Module so that a student cannot jump ahead, but the student must view each item sequentially? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

what is a publsihed module

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-18-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies