Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How do you create a mastery path using the new quiz feature as a pretest?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My Discussion Boards are located in two places.  Under the Assignments tab the discussions are in numerical/weekly order.   Under the Discussion tab, the discussion boards are not in numerical/weekly order.  I was able to move them under the Assignme...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to navigate back to the module you are working in from within an assignment? I know you can click Module from the navigation bar but that takes you back to the top of the page-

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

PDF, DOCX, and PPT files are no longer viewable in the preview section of a submitted file (Canvas stalls on the loading screen). This issue has persisted even after clearing the website's cookies.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am partnered with a peer for an assignment.How do I contact my classmate through canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi !  I've a question.If i preview my file (i.e Question_1.pdf) in a quiz or assignment. And then after sometime i delete that file (normally or by using API). What happens to the preview [title] of the file ?  Like will it still be shown as Question...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Formatting a table.  I'm trying to format a table in a quiz.  I though I'd get where I needed to go by typing "format table" or "table format."  Nope.  Maybe just "table." Nope.  Maybe just "format."  Nope.I'm all out of logical searches, so maybe so...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good morning,Is it possible to transfer or copy or move a Google Calendar into the Canvas calendar? Yesterday, July 17, our school became a one site school. I built my pacing calendars for the entire academic year in Classroom and would like to not h...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Our district is planning to use the Canvas Student to our course with our students in grades K - 12.   Does anyone have experience and know how long this course will take for our students in various grade levels?  Thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am using Speed Grader to score 85 short answer questions, each worth 1 point. For each question I have been going question by question and putting in a 0 if incorrect, .5 if partially correct, and 1 if fully correct.  Since most students are gettin...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi !  I have a question about admin section in canvas. In this blog How do I view the page views for a user in an account?  by  @jivedocs_unfede  , what type of links an ADMIN can view ?i.e,1) If someone visits a canvas page for 2 seconds, will it be...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

HiI am trying to build a quiz on Canvas by copying questions from pdf file but it is not acceptingIs it possible to copy and past while building the quiz on Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I can’t a-load the picture 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

So I'm new to Canvas (our school just got it recently). And I had a question about setting up my gradebook. So in years past I've used a system where I assign a student a letter grade for an assignment. In my system an A = 95%, B = 85%, C = 75%, D = ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

thanks for the help first of all.I have configured canvalms on a VPS linux centos 7 server following the guide they have here https://github.com/instructure/canvas-lms/wiki/Production-Start.I stopped the configuration in Apache Configuration.my curre...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Wondering if I can save an existing course that I have made as a template to use for other courses? Thanks for any leads or links.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've created a Google Slides activity where students drag and drop words on the slide into columns.  How do I include this Google Slide into my assignments in Canvas in a way that still allows the students to drag and drop (and not just view the slid...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How to recover a test that was accidentally deleted?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-17-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Como recuperar um teste que foi apagado acidentalmenteTranslation from Google Translate:How to recover a test that was accidentally deleted

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have an extra sandbox I do not need.  How do I delete it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to set up a class so that student users remain anonymous and cannot change their profiles to add pictures or override instructor's naming?   

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Why are there never options to edit more than one item at a time? I'd love to be able to upload files to a module en masse rather than condemning myself to a morning of individually uploading a whole folder one file at a time--and then doing the same...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Our district has been using Gradecam. We recently adopted Canvas. Are the Canvas assessment features as powerful as Gradecam? Do any users work with Canvas and Gradecam together? I didn't see any LTI information for Canvas and Gradecam. Thank you!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

This is a Canvas and Nearpod integration questions.  When I was practicing in the Sandbox course during the Canvas training, I was able to insert a link from inside a NearPod lesson.  It worked.  It opened up the lesson automatically in Canvas.  Toda...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I get McGraw-Hill Deep Integration on my Canvas Courses.McGraw-Hill Connect is there but not Deep Integration.thanksMike Wilson

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-17-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I upload my CV/Resume to Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

The old student analytics had "last access" and the number of page views next to each page. When a student came to me asking for assistance on studying, I could approximate if they were "cramming" the online material at the last minute, and suggest t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have 20+ students in the course and only 2 are reporting that they do not see the submit assignment button. They shared their screen and we deleted their cache history and data, updated their Chrome, closed all Chrome windows, and restarted the com...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible to turn the immersive reader function on and off for quizzes?  I have students with accommodations of read aloud.  This would wonderful for them.Thank you!!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am completely new to Canvas and am currently in training with it via a module uploaded by my school district. There is not much information about using Google documents/slides; I do know that these can be uploaded though.I have uploaded a couple of...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-25-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies