Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How can I add text padding (margins) on a Page?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-14-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

How do you assign large student groups to non-group assignments as they rotate between online and in-person class sessions throughout the week? For example, on Day 1 ,Group A will attend class and do a worksheet to get an attendance point. Group B wi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Canvas wants to open in Internet Explorer, which does not support Canvas.  How do I open in Chrome?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-13-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I change my account from student to instructor?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi allJust wondering if anyone is embedded/using Open Sci Ed google doc based units/lesson in Canvas and, if so, how they are managing that implementation? I can see lots of ways this could be approached and wonder if anyone has tried and has lessons...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible to add color to module headings or to the files in a module?Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I delete a project site completely?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

For some reason when I'm logging onto canvas. I cannot see my classes that I'm taking and the worked provided for me in them. This happens every weekend and its still an issue I'm having. How do I fix this issue? Please let me know. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I am a teacher at a PK-4th grade school that is new to Canvas.  Each child will have a homeroom course as well as courses for their specials - music, art, science, etc.  Is there any way to set up links on their homeroom course home page that the...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I want to draw a line on a Canvas page to separate content. I know in order to insert a Iine I know I need to go to the keyboard editor for this by pressing Alt + F9. I work on a MacBook Air. When I do this (ie press Alt + F9) nothing changes on the ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi! I'm creating an LTI tool and the LTI authorization is working perfectly but I want to know how to create an access token with refresh token with an LTI API Key? Should I use the login hint or lti message hint as the authorization code? forr the e...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

HOw do I embed a photo of my creation to a page so it will be recognized to move into module

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have been loading YouTube videos using the YouTube tool within Canvas for a while now, but recently it isn't working. When I have a content page I can embed one YouTube video, but then I try to embed a second one and the YouTube just spins. I have ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can someone tell me how to move materials from Schoology to Canvas?  Thank!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I change a grade in Canvas?  What I looked up tells me to "click instructor grades and assignment" first, but I can't find that!thanks.#changepoints

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to do a turnitin review for a random paper that was submitting this summer.  She is not registered for a course but would like to run it through a turnitin reveiw.thank you.LynnB

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-11-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I create a sandbox?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We will be creating a private Linkedin Group for our business students. Has anyone ever integrated Linkedin with a Canvas site? Is there a way to embed the discussion feed? Thanks! 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello All,I was wondering if anyone might be using a SoftChalk alternative?  We used it this year to build several modules for an adult learning/medical ethics class.  We included embedded quizzes.  As probably most everyone knows, the SoftChalk UI i...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Buenos Dias. Mi nombre es Jorge GómezActualmente, estoy desarrollando un CRM propio bajo un dominio propio. Tambien estoy utilizando canvas como plataforma de formación, pero me surgen 2 necesidades y quería saber si la plataforma está preparada.La p...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I change myself from an Instructor to an Admin on my Canvas Course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Adding assignment - I'm adding assignments as in the guide but the students say they can't see how to submit anything into the slot. Please can you help as it needs to be done today? Thank you

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to import a course that I have been working on already. The content is more suited to my students than anything I have found on Canvas so far. I cannot seem to find a function to import it.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I accidentally removed a student. How can I add him back and recover his submissions?pls help.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I opened my exam the timer was not working and said "your attempt is due 11:59 p.m." and said NAN minutes Nan Seconds". Canvas support told me the exam was automatically submitted after 90 minutes even though I was still answering questions. The...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I usually structure my Canvas course so that the home page is a schedule in table format, with the assignments for each day linked on the page. In the Fall I have a single Canvas course with multiple sections of the same class, and a TA to supervise ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! I would like to know how I can create multiple sites in canvas. I cant seem to find an option to do this in the admin panel.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a question about multiple attempts on quizzes.  I wrote my quiz with several question groups so the students would get somewhat unique versions of the quiz depending on how Canvas selected which question to present from each group.  On my firs...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm trying to access Google through Canvas and I keep getting an "authorization failure" notice.I've done through the steps to authorize, but it's just not working.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am trying to embed a website into a Canvas page. I am using the following code in the new rich content editor:<p><iframe src="https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history" width="600" height="1000" style="overflow: hidden;"></iframe></p>I am getting...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-23-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies