Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Boa tarde, tudo bem?Estou tendo problemas com o fórum, pois ele é avaliado e ainda não recebi nenhum feedback do que enviei por lá.Poderia por gentileza dar uma consultada lá?Grato... ^-^Translation from Google Translate: Good afternoon, how are you?...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I need to edit a participant's name/email after they accepted an invite to the course. How do I do that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

As a VPK teacher I am interested in using canvas to communicate announcements to parents and to post assignments for students. to do with parents.  I do not have multiple classes and do not need multiple courses.  Can I import all necessary assignmen...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you add an observer or TA to your course? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am in the process of creating my modules and I have added multiple external URLs from different sites. Unfortunately, when I add any external URL other than YouTube I get an error message example: "www.cnbc.com refused to connect". I am using Chrom...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all. I am about to try Blueprint for the first time. I have two "essential" modules that I want to:Push out to all courses,Update all when/if needed andLock them down so folks don't delete them.My question is this: Most of my faculty also copy con...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We are looking to run our Welcome Week Activities through Canvas. One of the ideas we have is to do a Scavenger hunt. Has anyone used Canvas to help coordinate a Scavenger Hunt?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

En mi tablero me aparecen demasiadas copias de la materia de Electricidad & Magnetismo y además una semilla de la cual yo fuí diseñador.Con cual copia para Agosto-dic 2020 puedo quedarme!!!Me gustaría  revisaran por favorTranslation from Google Trans...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to embed a Kahoot! quiz as an assignment in Canvas? After embedding a Kahoot! quiz, is there a way to link student results to my Canvas gradebook? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, Does anyone know how to integrate Turnitin to every assignment on Canvas at once? I know how to do it for individual assignments, but that would take a lot of time to go through the assignments of every course to add Turnitin. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-15-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Just started self paced canvas training and it wants me to to create sandbox in my dashboard, but there is no option for "start a new course" where it says it should be

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When some of our teachers log in, they are immediately taken to https://...instructure.../accounts/1 and receive an "Access Denied" message. I would like for their Dashboard to show up at login. While they can click out of it, some of our teachers pa...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to add another teacher in my district to the course I am creating.  How do I do that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can the feature that automatically sends students a certificate be turned off? We are using Canvas to deliver professional development for teachers and when they just start the course they receive an email and a certificate that says "Congratulat...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you add and attendance section into a current class?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to enter an equation as an option in the multiple dropdown in classic quizzes? I need to use line segments and congruent symbols, and I cannot do that with just a textbox.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to have an image (button) with a link embedded.  I cannot figure out how to do it.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Does someone know how to issue student status when adding students to Canvas using the +People button?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi folks,I'm an associate instructional designer at my university and we're currently discussing options to allow students to sign up/reserve a spot for limited capacity in-person sessions for the Fall (assuming in-person sessions aren't scrapped bef...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Will Canvas accept answers with symbols and grade it correctly?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to incorporate Zoom in Canvas?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! Is there any way to embed a Facebook feed into Canvas pages? I see that Twitter works as an LTI but not Facebook. However, it can't see how to even add it as an external URL as Facebook refuses to connect. Hoping someone might have the answer!...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HiIm trying to log in to observe my daughters course work.  I can't see anything?  Every time I press any of the buttons to look at her Grades or her course work I get a blank screen.  The only screens that show anything is my profile screen and what...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

First time user here.  I can login to my dashboard, but not the course I'm supposed to be taking. Why?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If I watch a Panopto recording embedded within a Canvas page, the presenter window overlaps the slides window thus obscuring an area of the slides.So, can I:1. decrease the size of the presenter window (or squash/ change format to 4:3 - maybe a webca...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We built an application that is hosted on our private server. As of this point, we were able to embed the app using LTI and iframes. The next phase of our application is to dynamically changed the app content based on who's logged in and what course ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Why can't I view, or even find, my published assignment in quiz category in module view?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am a teacher. How do I hide courses in my Dashboard that I am not teaching in?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How to export content from one Canvas account to another

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-14-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If I was to pre plan-Is there a way to create an assignment that is released on a date in the future and is published?Thank you

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-14-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies