Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

ModulesHow do I drag an item in a module?  When I try to, it springs back to where it was.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My Canvas Page got huge.  I can't shrink it back to normal size.  It is only my Canvas page, if I open up any other internet browser the font size is fine.  How do I fix this?It is like I am zoomed in on the Canvas Page or something, like at 200%.  A...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why can't i get pass the login page ?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Two Questions:1) I'm new to Canvas as an instructor, and would like to give students two ways to earn a badge.  One would be for ungraded content like signing up for Remind 101 or reading my Communication page - in this case they would simply click o...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I post a picture in my reply?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I upload an assignment to Waypoint and it gave me a message stating "Your assignment has been successfully uploaded! But not synced with Canvas! Please contact Administrator"I searched on discussions on both pages and couldn't find anything relevant ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi,I published my course on canvas, however on student view I cannot see the modules.  How can I change that, so that my kids can view the content?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So I used google slides last year and created templets, and within those templets I pushed them out to students and when they opened them it became their document.  They then they were able to answer on the document, and I could see it in real time. ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm looking for an Online Instructor Training course. Something that can train K12 Instructors in online pedagogy. There are courses in the Canvas Commons but I wanted to get others' take on what's good or has worked for them. Thanks!

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I would like to use Camtasia to record and upload lectures on my Canvas course. Is there a tutorial to explain how I do this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can students upload a picture of their work on a quiz?  If so, how?  How do I set it up as an instructor to allow them to do this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In Announcements, there is a button for recording/uploading media. I recorded a video. Where does it save so I can upload it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have to customize a home page as an assignment for my Canvas training.  The training directs to 2.7: Home Page stating that I have learned how to select and build a home page by watching the module. I've watched it several times but can't locate th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-13-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I wanted to walk my students through the process of accessing a peer's assignment for peer review  and responding the way I want them to do. The best wat to do this, it seems, would be assign the test student a peer and show in student view. There do...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 7 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I know Instructure has a video somewhere, but I just can't seem to find it.  Thanks!

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I change the height of one row in a Table I inserted?I tried to change the HTML code which I read to be 2'', but when I changed that number to 1" nothing happened.I tried to use the Cell properties function for row, but numbers there did not s...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello! My name is Phyllis. My students can't see the discussion questions that I posted. It's published, I don't understand why they can't see it. Need some help, Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

#HOW To ANNOTATE A PDFOur district is trying to decide between Schoology and Canvas, and I am serving on the committee.  What I can't figure out is how to have students annotate a PDF once it's uploaded into an assignment.  This is a feature that has...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

What does "T" mean in the gradebook?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-26-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I want to purchase a computer for a high school student who uses CANVAS for distance learning, but I don't know what the specifications should be.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My school has a faculty page.  How do I make sure emails and announcements are linked to my school email and coming to that email address ASAP?  #email

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I add another notes column to the grade book?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I copy an exam from course to another

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas seems to be stuck while saving a quiz. Any suggestions?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How can I add text padding (margins) on a Page?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-14-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

How do you assign large student groups to non-group assignments as they rotate between online and in-person class sessions throughout the week? For example, on Day 1 ,Group A will attend class and do a worksheet to get an attendance point. Group B wi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Canvas wants to open in Internet Explorer, which does not support Canvas.  How do I open in Chrome?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I change my account from student to instructor?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi allJust wondering if anyone is embedded/using Open Sci Ed google doc based units/lesson in Canvas and, if so, how they are managing that implementation? I can see lots of ways this could be approached and wonder if anyone has tried and has lessons...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible to add color to module headings or to the files in a module?Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies