Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Why does Canvas not display .xhtml files unless they're renamed to .html?  Is there a fix for this?  Thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have decided that I do not want to use these Templates.I 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was scheduled to complete an exam today.  The test was timed.  The instructor, Dr. Baghdasarian, warned in an email before the test to make sure that we had a strong internet connection and that no programs were running.  I waited until later in th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-09-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

the grades portion of it is not opening up so i can see it

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi everyone,A few weeks ago, I began developing a student planner app for iOS. The user is able to import their assignments from Google Classroom (and hopefully Canvas) and drag them onto a calendar, indicating when they want to study for the assignm...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a project that requires is timed and requires students to complete an Excel and Word stats assignment. The also have to open up a website to get their data. They don't now what it will be until they open the timed assignment. I just want the w...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I would like to ask two-tier multiple choice questions and multiple choice questions where the last option is for the students to "write something in". As far as I can tell, this is not possible in Canvas Quizzes. This is frustrating as it makes the ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how do you link canvas module to external document

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How to create a new course in Dashboard?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-08-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there any attendance LTI for self-hosted canvas?I read about the Roll Call Attendance but unfortunately it looks like it is only available for paid canvas.Thanks!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hola buenas noches.Me gustaría saber si alguno ha tenido algún tipo de acercamiento con una herramienta que pueda integrarse con Canvas que permita mostrar el avance en porcentaje de los estudiantes en un curso. Por ejemplo: que tome en cuenta la can...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am looking for a pdf file that is a list of privileges different "roles" or "people" have (Those who are added to the course other than he instructor). I saw it once and I lost it. I should have downloaded it but I did not. Can someone help me to r...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I am residing in  CST time zone and unfortunately i am missing webinar due to confusion. can you please guide me how to change the webinar to CST time zone instead of UTC

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Just seting up our final course assessment, but in testing out the Assessment I'm seeing survey "results" in a spreadsheet, which is useless.The Assessment requires students to give comprehensive responses, so I need to be able to clearly see what th...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Hello. I would like to share and copy course modules from my spring 2020 classes, but the access to those functions is no longer showing. The three dots for this feature are missing from all my modules and pages: Can you advise?Thank you,Bob McAteer

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

My course is not listed on canvas

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have created assignments and put them together in an assignment group.  But I cannot find them/see we I go to the Modules tab.  I only see them in the "assignments" tab.  Any suggestions of where they might be hiding?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When I manually put in a grade or update a grade it does not show in the gradebook

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 11 Replies

How do I download a question bank from respondus to a course test bank?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Estimados necesito crear una columna de calificaciones sin intrega de parte del alunmo. Se trata de una columna de nota externa, me puede ayudar a crearla.Translation from Google Translate:I need to create a column of qualifications without end from ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I  a space for students to submit homework? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am with distance learning systems and I actually have a complaint. Before we moved to this new system we had plenty of time for our quizzes. Now for a 20 question quiz we only have 12 min to read and answer the question. With other quizzed we had a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,When I used the RSS feed option to load twitter RSS, the service works fine. But, when I use the filter option with # to detect this string in the text, such us #canvas, the filter does'nt work and all RSS are published.How I can use correctly ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Do you need to SHARE your screen when you want students to see what you are writing on the Whiteboard feature of BigBlue Button?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I wrote lengthy comments to a submitted exam and lost internet connection. When the connection returned, my comments had vanished, leaving a message that said, problem with submission.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

As an Admin, how do I set up a sandbox for my teachers to begin creating a course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,I need to use the grading scheme for quizzes. I read in some forums that apparently there is no implementation for testing yet, but I prefer to get out of the doubt by asking around, since the posts I read were old.Thanks

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have followed the instructions for "migrating" quizzes, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello,Recently, Canvas has begun sending broken links via SMS to users who still receive them from announcements or grade changes. When a SMS notification is sent out, the link they get is https://lcsc.instructure and is leaving off the .com part of ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I cross linked a course to another course and the first course went away. I cant find it how do I get the original course back?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies