Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Do you need to SHARE your screen when you want students to see what you are writing on the Whiteboard feature of BigBlue Button?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-08-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I wrote lengthy comments to a submitted exam and lost internet connection. When the connection returned, my comments had vanished, leaving a message that said, problem with submission.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

As an Admin, how do I set up a sandbox for my teachers to begin creating a course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,I need to use the grading scheme for quizzes. I read in some forums that apparently there is no implementation for testing yet, but I prefer to get out of the doubt by asking around, since the posts I read were old.Thanks

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have followed the instructions for "migrating" quizzes, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello,Recently, Canvas has begun sending broken links via SMS to users who still receive them from announcements or grade changes. When a SMS notification is sent out, the link they get is https://lcsc.instructure and is leaving off the .com part of ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I cross linked a course to another course and the first course went away. I cant find it how do I get the original course back?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to add my existing quizzes from the Spring class into my Canvas for the Fall class

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to make multiple answers correct in a multiple choice question?  I accidentally gave two correct answers and two incorrect, but I can only seem to allow one at a time for full credit.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 12 Replies

How do I access Curriculum Builder?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I created assignments which require students to complete/turn in work via external tools (google classroom and flipgrid).  Why can't I add a rubric to these assignments?  The rubric button does not appear.  Would I be able to utilize speed grader for...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I'm deleting discussions one-at-a-time after reading them, but when I have many and don't need to respond to each one, but want to mark the batch as read, what do I do?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In consulting for a non-profit that provides training and is moving their courses online (starting with one), I need to be able clearly explain the difference in functionality between the free teacher version and a paid subscription. The Canvas suppo...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I had this accessible icon then it disappeared. I want that added to ensure that I have it locked in. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I add the answer choices for a multiple choice quiz, it asks me for the correct answer which is fine, but when taking the quiz as a dummy student, each question's correct answer was the 1st answer choice.  I checked the box for randomizing the a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I developed an HTML / javascript object for a canvas user client. The client asked for a "quit" button on the course. I tried to use the codes: window.open ('', '_self', ''); window.top.close (self); I did the same test using only window.clo...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can I embed a video from Dropbox into an assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

So when i was trying to do my work, and it was a test i went in and saw there weren't much answers and were all empty except one answer in each section, explain!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to have two separate due dates for (1) initial responses and (2) student replies?I would like my students to be able to post their initial responses early in the week and then have the classmate replies due later in the week so that th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I upload a web link to files in Canvas? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our school would like to try using the program assessment tools. I reached out to our Canvas admin asking to set-up a program assessment. They made a course for the program assessment, but I am not sure if that is how this is supposed to work. I do n...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I made a storyline project, exported as 2004 and put the link on a lms. Can I then take the link and add it to an assignment page so that the scorm information would report back? or is the only option to zip my storyline project and upload the zipped...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In my Health and PE online class, my I am attaching a pdf file and submitting the assignment, however my teacher sees it as a comment and is unable to open the file. Why is this happening?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how do my students upload homework?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello.I use Google Slides embedded to Pages in Canvas, and it works just fine. This year I am adding short audio clips to some slides, but my students need to require access each time they click the button. Is there a work around on that?Thank you.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This message is specifically for those of you who are Canvas Admins.  NYC Mayor Bill DeBlasio has just announced that NYC public schools will be having "Blended Learning" as part of their instruction.  Some students will attend school several days a ...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

try to put in canvas playposit and it ask for consumer key could not install the app 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Process for uploading media - Is there a reason why the progress bar has disappeared when you are uploading media?  It was helpful to see how much longer was needed to complete the upload - now the rectangle where the video will go in the module page...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi just registered for a new account and I will be setting up shells for myself and the other instructors in the adult special ed. field that we are in. I think when I created my account I did not put myself down as administrator so how do I change m...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

what id the difference between adding someone as view only vs and observer? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies