Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Some of my students are unable to login, apparently it asks for  a code which I dont know what it is. The rest are able to login without the code. See attached. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In discussions, I what to add a rubric and have it displayed at the bottom of the page?   I can make the rubric and it will show if click on the box with three dots but I can't get it attach to the bottom of the page.  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-06-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to  be able to specifically set up several modules for my classes, just to see how it is done

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-03-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My Spring 2020 class is still incomplete due to Covid-19 changes.  It was closed on Canvas on 7/2/2020.  I've tried to reopen it and I'm unable to.  I've emailed and called IT for assistance but don't expect to hear from them until after the July 4th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I would appreciate a link to a brief tutorial for creating a module. Thank you so much!Vahik

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It tells me that the browser requires permission to establish a session

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I want my students to make a short slide presentation (maybe 7 slides) that can be uploaded to Discussion board. Is that possible?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I drop grades

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to link into a Module from my home page, but once chosen, the link brings me to see all modules, not just the one I click on. How do I link into just the individual module I want to see?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cannot find a text box for my essay for my timed test.  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can you run a report for multiple students in multiple semesters using Canvas Outcomes? I've already linked the learning outcomes to a rubric. I found directions on how to run a report on one class at a time. But, I want to run a report on the ou...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

A student mistakenly submitted a file.  How do I delete so they can resubmit?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

how to rearrange pages in a module

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

what is a consumer key

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Our assignment is to upload video attachment and view everyone's video and post a reply, however nothing is loading for me...Am i missing something to get these video attachments to load correctly?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My institute is currently designing online ESL classes to cope with the COVID crisis. In order to make things easier for our students, especially those in China, I'm trying to do everything natively in Canvas, including videos. My problem is that the...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-19-2021 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Is there any way to remove the grade average in an assignment?  This feature seems like something that an instructor should choose to include, as it's not always beneficial for students to know the class average.  Thanks for any help!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why isn't the Time Limit per question, when we already have at the bottom when the Quiz opens and closes.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do you place recent feedback on students homepage?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My college is looking into attendance solutions in Canvas, specifically to allow for taking attendance in large classes.  We need something that can incorporate scanning student ID cards or using something like a code that students submit.   In addit...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do you delete a course at the Dashboard ? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, we're having difficulty updating our assignments and modules - specifically the due dates. Is there an ongoing maintenance issue or issue with your system? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dear all,   I am participating to an online course based on canvas framework. Video content don't rotate when I rotate iPhone. I google the bugs and I see that it's something that user report several year ago. Bug is solved? there is a workaround?Bes...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Good afternoonI am trying to hide courses from the course list and only view ones we are published or being developed not ones that we no longer need.  is there a way to do that?Thank you Michelle

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

HELP !I am creating a QUIZ on Canvas and would like to add a picture. How do I add the photo?Thanks !

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I un-embed a google doc form a page?  I cannot seem to delete the document I embedded.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm including an audio file in a quiz question. I want it to look like this, with the rounded oblong shape: However, it's been getting harder and harder to make the audio icon appear like this. First, at some point, I started getting a blue rectangle...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I run a late assignment through SafeAssign for a student's paper?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am working on a new version of a class using mostly the same image files from old classes.  All of a sudden all of the images are missing, all the links broken.  They are also missing from my old versions of the classes.    E

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am setting up a "practice" class to show my pre-service teacher how to create a unit using a free Canvas account.  I keep trying to publish on the homepage, but get the following:I have checked numerous times, but not gotten an e-mail.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies