Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I am trying to export a class from Blackboard to Canvas but not all the material transfers over. I'm not sure why or what to do as I have attempted the transfer several times.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-03-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to retrieve deleted announcements?  My assistant deleted most of my previous announcements by mistake?  Thank you!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-30-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

how do i clean up the long list on left side of page?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My Java programming class is using the external tool "Code Embed" to submit our coding assignments. Before, I was able to use the Code Embed tool easily, but now I am unable to add new embeds at all. The previous half screen of being able to select m...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

. Hola como creo un chat? no tengo la opción en mi canvas como instructor

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm trying to make four tabs for this section of the course, but for some reason the content from tab 3 and 4 are showing up in all tabs. How can I make the content from 3 and 4 ONLY show up in tabs 3 and 4, respectively? Here's the code being used: ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi all,I have just gain access to the Canvas Data portal last week and have been exploring it. From what I can tell so far, it is a tab delimited file stored inside a gz file. Excel can to a certain point understand the Tab delimitation but it is not...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello.  I am support for a canvas class of 30 students.  These 30 students are split up into 5 groups (6 students/group).  These groups must respond to a weekly discussion.  The students are unable to see other participants posts UNTIL they post firs...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm wondering if there is a way to upload a hard copy quiz to Canvas as an assignment or quiz and have students respond right on the document? It is a timed assessment so I'd like students to see as many questions as possible (not navigating one ques...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to track student participation? Not just whether or not they have logged in, but if they have participated in discussions, accessed resources, opened or downloaded the files I've posted, etc. We need to track student engagement and I n...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a phone number to call Canvas directly for help? I have duplicate contents in my shell and my new module is not showing up in the shell. Any help or suggestions? I really want to speak, over the phone, with someone from Canvas. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-01-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do i aceess recorded lectures

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Howdy!Is there a blacklist function anywhere where I could restrict certain domains from registering with Canvas? We're getting a lot of spammers from foreign countries.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When you delete a to-do calendar page from a course, are the to-do's their own pages or are they tied to other course pages?

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

The district uses PowerSchool SIS and power teacher Pro-grade books. If the teacher creates an assignment in power teache pro will it also create it in canvas or if it is created in canvas LMS will it also create it in the grade book?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have been trying to confirm dates for my faculty of teachers to receive our paid Tier 1 training hours.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do i know if i have the right sandbox? And, how do I publish it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where do I find Wizard on ICON?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Estimados, necesito saber si es posible firmar documentos o aceptación de documentos mediante canvas.Quedo atenta.Saludos!Este mensaje ha sido traducido usando Google Translate.Dear, I need to know if it is possible to sign documents or accept docume...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do you change the sections on the global navigation

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, The recap and files from last year have been placed in an archive course folder. How do I move selected files from the archive folder to this new year course folder?  Thanks.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to upload edited syllabus

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-13-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why are answers to matching questions randomized? I want the answers to always be in the same order. I entered answers labeled A through L, but they show up the drop-down list in various orders. That is extremely confusing and frustrating for student...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

While brainstorming how we can get students more engaged virtually I considered how video games keep people hooked even though it’s a game they have played already for days. They use achievements to unlock digital rewards, something that goes on thei...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-02-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello All. How do I run a report to export that shows me all active users by type?Thank you,Nikki

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When grading a question in a quiz in Canvas, I used to be able to put the number of points in and hit return.  Now if I hit return, that takes me to the top of the quiz and I have to scroll back down to the question where the points I entered are NOT...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Since sometime in the Spring, whenever I initially try to send an email, Canvas locks up for 10 or so seconds.  Then I have to restart the email process again.  This isn't just me who has had the problem.  What happened?  It did not used to do this.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

How do I set up a project site for a group of admins vs. a course site?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Course Deleted:One of my courses has disappeared.  How do I get it back?  I am an instructor and presented the class one month ago but it is no longer visible to me.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Would it be possible to set-up the following quiz (or, possibly, other assessment format in Canvas) and not run into problems with marking/point allocation?Students are given N number of questions randomly drawn from a question pool, but are supposed...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies