Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Ipad       How do i read panopto?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am creating a pretty long Q&A page in Canvas and would like to put links at the top that jump to a specific section.  I see old community posts about using HTML anchor tags for this, but it gives two different formats and not sure it is current.  D...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am not getting any audio for the uploaded presentations - I have audio on my California State University Canvas pages but not on the UMN Canvas sites that I am in

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-26-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can't see context in canvas. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are planning to use Canvas Quizzes as our homework system.  Because students haven't had much practice before doing this, we would like to give them multiple attempts at these problems.  Also, this is a college math based course, so we created hom...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Working in powershell to script some Canvas things.  Have done a fair amount in PS with the Canvas APIs.Trying to create an additional login for a user via the login API POST /api/v1/accounts/:account_id/loginsIn powershell I have:$postParams = @{"us...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Course card image: How do I insert a graphic on the course card in Dashboard?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If I teach the same 2 course and want the content to be identical, how to I copy/importcontent from one course to another?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I see this option mentioned in another question, "How do I connect to Google Drive as a web service in Canvas as a student?" It reads -  "Note: For any of your courses, if the Course Navigation Menu includes a Google Drive link, your institution or i...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We have set up a feature in our application that lets any of our clients in any district import their Canvas courses and allows others in their district sign up for the course, get credit etc.We have successfully created work flows with our own assig...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can I set up writing portfolios in Canvas for my students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I utilize Canvas for testing and track grades in a separate system.  How can I export scores in a listing to transfer to another format?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I insert special characters (accents, upside down questions marks, the squiggly line on the "n", etc...) when I am typing information in Spanish on Canvas?  Is there an easy way to do this?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We have district blue prints that have been developed and updates need to be pushed out to all of the individual teachers. Teachers have personalized their courses and we are wondering if these changes will be impacted if the blue print is synced aga...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how to I reorder the tiles on my dashboard?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-29-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to add an assignment from my assignment page into a module. However, it won't show up when I click the plus icon and select "assignments" - it is just not in the list. I logged out and back in, unpublished and republished the assignment, ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-06-2021 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 31 Replies

I'm looking for a better understanding of the options around the user ID values Canvas assigns to accounts.  The end goal is to have a distinct user ID that can be assigned per person and follow them throughout their entire lifecycle in relation to o...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can I add a collaboration to a module?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I currently have a CANVAS free account. My district just purchased the license for staff. Does this mean that I will have to create a new account?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-27-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I am an instructor and would like to capture information for my students beyond just their names and emails. Has anyone been able to add questions for students to complete in their profiles such as their phone numbers, zip code, sex, etc?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I accidentally downloaded all Labster labs into the "Assignment" section of a course. Can I delete them all at once, or do I have delete each separately? Thanks.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Hello, I would like to give a quiz in Canvas, but do not want students to see the questions and incorrect answers when they are done.  I would like to hide all questions and answers.  Is this possible?  What if I mute the assignment in speedgrader, w...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-15-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello,When I send announcement via API, paragraph marks are not preserved. For instance, the original message is:this is a test messagethis is a test messagethis is a test messagethis is a test messageon Canvas, it will show this:this is a test messa...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-27-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

how to import a quiz into canvas

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Export of quiz I want to export quiz from one of the course now from last two days it shows "The export process has started. This can take awhile for large courses. You can leave the page and you'll get an email when the export is complete." Any one ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm relatively new to Canvas. How can I customize (color) layout etc. of Canvas homepage?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

when I go into Speedgrader to grade a discussion assignment, I get this message. Usually, I have the student's discussion answers posted and can read but I get the attached message. Was there something I did wrong in the set up of the discussion ques...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Why would I use mastery paths?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-25-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The options icon is not displaying on the far right of the module bars - how do I get it back?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am using classic quizzes and I'm trying to create a question where there are 8 answers to choose from, 3 are incorrect, 5 of them are correct but the student only has to get 3 correct to get a point for the question. In other words the student coul...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-25-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies