Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hello,I am trying to create a rubric with YES and NO for it's ratings. This is what it looks like as I create the rubric...However, when I "Create Rubric", the YES and NO flip...I called Canvas, they were able to figure out that the Ratings were auto...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-23-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I added two bonus questions at the end of a Quiz, and assigned them 0 points, expecting to manually add "fudge points" for each student.  However, when I go to grade the Quiz, I do not see the bonus questions (nor student responses), so I cannot grad...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I attempt to download the course template, some of the  information seems to be in Latin or some nonsense language, not English.  Is this deliberate?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-24-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I am looking for an easier way to rearrange test questions.  I can drag them up or down on the list but given the size of the questions (with maps) and the number of questions, this is very time-consuming.  How do I show only the first line or questi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add an extension for a class that has expired

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I stop receiving daily notification reports?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, how can I add a syllabus and/ or textbook link to the course?Thank you.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The grade posting policy feature in Grade book means that I have to remember to take two steps in order to hide grades, before I start grading. It used to be so simple, I could do it instantly from Speedgrader, and now I have to go back out to Gradeb...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have just added a person under people.  I cannot find how to give her permission as course developer.  I have checked the guides and the question databank and nothing I have seen has helped me. 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a course that is now completed and I am using the question banks I created during that course in a new course. I want to edit some of the questions in the banks. Canvas won't allow me to edit the questions because those questions have already ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

can i create a students registration form in canvas

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am marking quizzes and noticed a couple of problems.a) a fill in the blank with two choices (is and are) was marked wrong even though the correct answer (is in this case) was marked as correct and given by the student. I tried regrading, which only...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there any way to retrieve user data when I "unconclude a course"?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to upload a profile pic 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My class has a discussion going on where we had to reply with a picture. Whenever I use my phone I am able to view the pictures however they won't show up on my Mac.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello everyone. How to transform from an Excel file to QTI format. To later be able to import a question bank to Canvas, without having Respondus.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I set up a new trainer profile for her to be recognised as a teacher?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to add a teacher role?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you set up automatic zero for late assignments in CANVAS gradebook?Also, once that is turned on, will students still be able to submit late assignment and get credit for it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-22-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We will be using Canvas Discussion to receive homework/project progress for a summer course.  We will not be doing Graded Assignments.  Is there a way to track/receive a push notification when a student submits response to Discussion thread?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-22-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A week ago, I downloaded all student submissions (files) for an assignment.  I am not ready to re-upload the graded files, and the assignment has disappeared (along with all submissions).  Is there any way to recover the original assignment and submi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I attend a canvas conference call? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi. I changed my desired display name, but my full name shows up in the chat. My display name shows up correctly in the discussions and elsewhere. Is there a way to get my display name to show up in the chat?Thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am having trouble downloading the canvas power point so that I can print it out or watch it.  I have a brand new computer this week, so still getting the hang of things.....Thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm marking an assignment in SpeedGrader but the assessment is not showing as marked, and the mark is not showing in Grades.Suggestions?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Wondering if anyone can help me, l am assigned as admin in a sub account and l can no longer view "courses" tab and can not edit student details. Any assistance or advice would be much appreciated. Thank you. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas seems idiot-proof ... until a real idiot (me) tries to use it!So, I sent an email to "all" the students in my course. I got a green "message sent" reply and the message appeared in my "sent" folder.But since this was the first try and since in...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I submitted a wrong video for the 1st day homework, additionally, when I try to submit my second video, it was on other student's video. How recover it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can the color for the Dashboard icon for the course be clear?  I want the colors on the image I uploaded to be true colors.  Perhaps you can tell me the code for "no color"?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Ahoy all,Again in need of help for what students see with discussions differentiated by section.1) we do everything in modules and show a module progression at the bottom of each page.2) we have to have 1 discussion per section by the way Canvas work...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies