Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I accidentally deleted a quiz (Anonymous  survey) and I need the data. How can I get it back?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-22-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to fill out my modules but when I click on a section it takes me to a blank screen. I don't know how to fix it. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So I teach writing and document design. I LOVE being able to screen capture my comments so that I can show students what I am talking about in their work. Right now, Speed Grader only has a web cam capture for video. Thus, I have to use a totally dif...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Are there any pre-prepared resources for instructors relating to managing groups of students in canvas.In particular I am interested in resources nested within a course, and within a group within a course, like shared file stores, group blogs, group ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I ensure that all users in the organization/group will have the same theme that I've set?  I've noticed that there is one user in the organization that has a different theme. How do I set it to be the same with the rest of the users?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I would like to be able to send a permalink to assignments, content, quizzes, etc. in emails to students in order to direct their attention to the specific area of my course. How do I do this? (This was a terrific feature in Google Classroom. I know ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-24-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can students create conferences that are not in any group setting? I have an instructor who just informed me that she has individual students who are creating Conferences outside of the group setting. She has not set up any student groups.

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a setting feature in Google Chrome that is preventing me (a teacher) from viewing student assignments in the viewer window? (I can download them to my computer but when I go to the viewer the window is on a never-ending processing loop.) I a...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi I am a student of a course of Emeritus.  I can use Canvas on my iphone and ipad.  However I would like to be able to use my notebook computer to access so that I can do my assignment more efficiently with proper keyboard. Please help me learn how ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-24-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Some students are allow to use more time for the graded quiz.can i make a copy of the quiz, or can I set the maximum time at individueal level?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My student submitted an assignment with a lot of copying in it. She re-wrote it and attached it to the original work. How an I run it through turn it in?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My student put an assignment in the wrong place on canvas. Can the assignment be removed?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anyone have recommendations on SIS with Canvas?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-30-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to make a check-up/checkpoint question to check student understanding in the same page as the my discussion. The idea is the students should be able to know immediately whether their answer is correct or wrong without having to direct them to ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do i run the canvas accessibility checker on my profile picturr?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I post my profile picture in an announcement?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am taking the place of a colleague who has decided to retire. May I change the email and user name?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I reset a quiz for a student?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I set up various terms as an administrator

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need a help. When I exchange the internet company, it prevents me from upload my assignments: Image, Link, Document, etc. and shows me "Something went wrong, check your connection and try again." Can you tell me how to fix this problem?Thank you in...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

past classes‌ course history‌ can't access class 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Do students get alerts when I make comments in the comment box, the rubric, and the body of the paper?  They often miss these conversations. I've resorted to hiding "secret code words" in my comments to make sure they read my feedback. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-21-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

i am very new to this app, say for instance if i need to see what i have achieved so far or check a specific test how to go about.Thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

HiI know how teachers/faculty send e-mails, but I have questions about students ability to send e-mails.Are there guides for STUDENTS on sending e-mails? Is there any difference in how teachers/faculty send e-mail and how students send e-mails? Can t...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello This question may have been answered as I hope it is a common one:   How can teachers replicate or emulate a live whiteboard where students can write down responses and questions?   In the past I have used Google docs, but I am hoping that ther...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I change the category in the gradebook for Exams.  Right now, in the gradebook, Exam (Quizzes) categorized as an assignment.  They are not an assignment.  Is there a way to change the category for exams to Exams or Quizzes.  I do have an assig...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-23-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello! We are rolling out Canvas for our elementary (K-5) students and parents in August. Are there any elementary aged tutorial videos that teach the basics of how to use Canvas?  Most of the tutorial guides and videos I am reviewing are geared towa...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I email my students?Maria Marrone

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I view grades from courses that are no longer posted?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have my exams, but need to copy one of the exams and change the requirements.  How do I just copy the exam and rename it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies