Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I was using a free account and the font size on the Dashboard and menus was much easier to manipulate than the huge font on my school account. Is there a way to change that setting?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-29-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I change a course name in alternate route from a numerical name to Stage 5?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-20-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I add an external link?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anyone know if students can access old course submissions on Canvas? I've been enrolled in courses from August 2018 through June 2020 and want to use my course work in my Portfolium at National University.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-22-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My students are learning clinical competencies during two semesters.  They are required to complete 50% of any of the competencies during the first semester and the remainder in the second semester.  I'd like to import their competency folder from th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello!How can I access my prior course work and course discussions?Thank you for helping me with this.Debbie

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I am trying to add the Mindomo app to my online course. How do I do this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would love to manipulate the "Next" button to link to the Home page or anywhere other than the next page or discussion in Modules.  Does anyone know if that is possible, or is that just how it has to be?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-19-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I track the number of hours I spent in the training courses.?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-21-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I track the hours I spent in Canvas Training?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-21-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Ahoy,Someone check me on this because my Test Student view can't actually test what I need it to. If I have differentiated discussions with specific "assign to", in this case it's by Section, I know that students won't see  a column in their gradeboo...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How to migrate Classic quizzes (all at once) into New quizzes?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My pages contain my assignments, but I cannot transfer them into my modules?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Will I get a  new email address as a canvas user

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

My materials for assignments are in my files and pages, I want to organize them into my modules, how do I do it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I upload a number of files from my Google Drive into the folders in my course?  Can I upload a group of them at one time?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm considering making several 15-minute calendar appointments in Canvas for my students (to sign up for Office Hours).  So, I have 3 questions. 1) I signed up for immediate notification when someone signs up, but on a trial run with a colleague, I h...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-29-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

In a page, I linked a document to a file located in the Course Files. However, when the students click on it they receive an Acess Denied message. I too see the same message from the student view, however when I click the link from the Instructor vie...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I use Zoom to have class meetings in Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I will be teaching a computer information course starting in August. I formerly taught it in the  classroom at the Cocoa campus. I probably will need to teach it online for August. I was told by my Department Head I should be able to share a Canvas s...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My name is Terri Parker and I really need to know how to get to the Rich Content Editor?  If you possibly can take me step by step to just find it would be greatly appreciated.Thank YouTerri Parker

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Un equipo se quiere separar para una actividad específica, es posible hacerlo sin que esto altere las calificaciones previas obtenidas?Translation from Google Translate:A team wants to separate for a specific activity, is it possible to do it without...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Deletei uma Tarefa. Como Faço para Recuperar a Tarefa Excluida?I deleted a Task. How do I recover the deleted task?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Everything I developed in Canvas is now apparently gone. All the courses I set up and homework I graded are gone. Why was this done? All that is left is a shell without content. Baylor, why did you do this to faculty? If you think I am going to spend...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hi! I created an assignment, somehow deleted it unintentionally, went through the process to restore it, and can now see it as an option to "link" to, and can even open it from the "links" tab (see my screenshot). But it doesn't show up anywhere else...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm stumped by this. It is only happening with a few students, but what is going on? I  keep thinking I need to grade something only to find there is nothing there. Thanks for any help! 

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to submit a Discussion post to a thread and I don't know how to do that.I have it in a Discussion but its separate from the other Discussions. I need it to be attached to the threadwith all the other students.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

By default, are all Admins able to see the same items, or does the system have different types of admins?  Like Content Manager (that can control Commons) and other admins that control other areas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-23-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how to create a srt or vtt file?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have created modules for each course, but I noticed that people could enter those modules if someone shared the link, even without a user and password. Therefore, people who were not enrolled could access anonymously to the content. I was able to s...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-23-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies