Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hello,I'm just wondering how to enable push notifications for Canvas? My husband gets all his class notifcations emailed to his school email, personal email, and text messaged.Thanks,Dorothy

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-18-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to put question banks into folders or otherwise group them together?  I have created around 80+ question banks, but I would really like to group them together so I can keep material for certain exams/chapters together.  Using the "book...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-17-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What does it mean if a course is listed as not published?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to add the ability to "act as users" to teachers' accounts?  What about the possibility of customizing teacher role and permissions? 

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My TA and I are grading papers. The TA grades certain components of the paper and then I go through and grade the remaining components. This morning, I noticed that all of the papers my TA graded lacked any comments in the Turnitin feedback studio (e...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can I download student responses to a quiz?Can I download a moderated quiz?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,We have so much time spent building our online courses now and with a significant amount of organized content created that it seems like we should be backing these courses up just like we would if we had worked on any large presentation or docu...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! This is sort of specific but not really . I am trying to pull up a copy of a certificate of a training on canvas.When I go to my picture and then pick certificates nothing shows up. It used to have stuff in it. When I try to go through essentials...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

What happened to the option in the conference to allow another person to take over presenting? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I enrolled my son in the Learning to Adult, Adulting 101 class, and I cannot find any emails with my access link.  Can I get the link sent again?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I assign students to a chat room?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to set the quiz that questions in the quiz, that were not attempted/ not answered, can be automatically marked as 0? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

This change took effect sometime 6/17. When I go to edit pages, I can now only see 2 lines of text, meaning (practically) that I must expand the available window every single time I want to edit anything! My WYSIWYG icons have been "helpfully" compre...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-29-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hello, trying to figure out a way to have all these elements on a course home page:So obviously a welcome video/paragraph and overview of the year which can be done on a page,Link to this weeks current module (can there be one link that will go strai...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, All, I am well-versed with editing Themes, adding images, and changing color schemes on the main login page for Canvas. My institution is Log In to Canvas . This page is prime real estate and would like to use it for more than just static imag...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi there, I don’t suppose you know how to open up an external link within the current frame when working within Canvas.I’ve tried using the target="_parent"  to embed a interactive WebGl version of some interactive software I have created at:https://...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In order to add an app, where would one find the  consumer key and shared secret for that program?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-21-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hola:¿Cómo desbloqueo una tarea? La cree pero aparece como bloqueada.GraciasEste mensaje ha sido traducido usando Google Translate.Message:Hello:How do I unlock a task? I created it but it appears as blocked.Thank you

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have several Power point presentations with transitions, animations as well as audios and videso inserted. How do I upload the ppts so that those are active?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Where is the sandbox located? I am creating an event, but I cannot find the sandbox.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-19-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, Can I delete a course I created and start over#

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to create an assignment where students can answer questions directly in a text box. When I create an online assignment, under "Online Entry Options", I see a box that says "Text Entry". However, selecting that doesn't seem to do anything at al...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A student can't attend the conference meeting: when she clicks the join button, she receives an annnouncement: 401 unauthorized.What to Do?She did received an invitation for the conference and other students were able to join the conference.Kind rega...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-25-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So I copied a Quiz from previous semester into this semester's class....but somehow when imported, it copied itself over my existing quiz which students already took in class. Can I undo this? HOW?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How I can delete my teacher account?I made an error with my institutional email and I don't want to use other email to access to Canvas. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, I'm wondering if there is a way to map a quiz created for one course in other courses.  Not just copying the quiz in other courses, but I'd like the quiz to be mapped to the original so that when I need to make a change in the original the change...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-27-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Are there any apps that can be embedded which allows students to contribute to a mindmap? - Other than Padlet.Thanks 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-27-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am watching the video in Canvas 101 on turning on Quizzes.next but when I go to the features option I don't see the toggle for quizzes.next. How do I turn on quizzes.next?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I change the picture on my course card?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can you post outcomes to a page as learning objectives for a module?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies