Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I have a class of 40 students. When I look at Quiz Statistics, only 8 students show up in the data. Last quiz only ONE student showed up in the data.  I read some info in the Q & A, but I don't see this issue mentioned. I really like the item analysi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can we upload google forms to an assignment?#

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-15-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello! I have a page that has an iFrame. Within the iFrame, we would like to REMOVE the scroll bar that shows, so that there is 1) less scrolling for a student to do WITHIN the primary scrolling page 2) Less potential for confusion or missed content ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to embed an interactive PDF into Canvas, without losing it's "interactive" pieces? Thank you! 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi everyone,I'm setting up a course which is starting on Monday and haven't uploaded all the content yet. I've set up Modules, which I've locked until their start date, but I've noticed that in Student View, it looks strange as some of the modules ha...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Does canvas send notifications or enable notifications to be sent to the user? I have had issues with some assignments because I did not see that they were posted.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-12-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I change or extend the grading period?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am unable to publish a course as the validation email from Canvas went to a spam folder.  Is there a workaround on this? I have a deadline to publish my courses for an apprenticeship program, so this is a priority.  Canvas has sent me to this forum...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can students sync canvas assignments when on a network, and then work from home on it when offline? It would then sync their work the next time the laptop is connected to an active network.

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi all,I have just spent a lot of time creating a quiz that I believed was full of "multiple choice" questions - I now realise I have created "multiple answer" questions in my quiz.Is there any way to convert my "multiple answer" questions into "mult...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, an administrator of my school asked me about the ease of students accessing Kahn Academy within Canvas.  I know it is accessible in the RCE (Rich Content Editor).  I am wondering if it's possible to install the shortcut to Kahn Academy in the Cou...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My school has been using Canvas as its LMS for the 5 years.  This was my first year using Canvas (and not only did I have to learn the tool but I had to learn it as an admin) and I really learned a lot.  I just mentioned to some of the admins of my s...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As a result of the lockdown, we have been asked by our awarding body: UALto retrieve all assessment and grades and place in a folder for them to access.Previously this would not be a problem, as it would have been created in Word uploaded to Canvas f...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

One student made two attempts at a quiz. I've entered the graded mark into both attempts, and ensured the quiz is set to "accept highest" mark...but I cannot for the LIFE of me get grade centre to acknowledge EITHER attempt.I need to release the feed...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to set a writing assignment in Canvas, but I want them to do the writing in an external tool, and then I want the result to be posted back to Canvas so that teachers can see it and add comments.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I get to e-folio

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

necesito conocer las notas si ya las montaron al sistema

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If a student resubmits an assignment, will the ugraded resubmission become the default view in SpeedGrader so that I'm reminded to grade it? I don't want to miss grading a resubmission because I didn't know it was there. Thank you!

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

For one assignment, is it possible to have different due dates for each student.  I'm advising students rather than teaching a traditional class.  So they are working at different paces.  But I ultimately want them to see all the assignments listed f...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I allow students to view my Zoom Cloud recordings for a unit of study, please?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do you attach a doc to an assignment

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I forgot to mark "exclude self-plagiarism" on my final paper assignment, and now Vericite recognizes their first drafts and final papers are showing as 90-100% plagiarized.  I updated the assignment to exclude self-plagiarism, but no luck...  Can I f...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-24-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

The completes check mark only shows up on the welcome page of each module and some quizzes even though I have taken all of them and gone through all of the pages.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-11-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I click on a question number in Canvas quiz activity log I am presented with a page showing the question and the student's response (this is multiple choice). It also shows the problem/answers, including graphics. Nice! There is also a list of o...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I retake a quiz when the option is not available on the page?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If I have a group set and an assignment or graded discussion was linked to it, students submitted and were graded, and then I delete the group set, what if anything happens to the assignment/discussion and the grades?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I set up multiple options for student submissions on one assignment? I would like to offer students the option to write in a textbox, submit a PDF, or connect to a Google Doc. How do I set that up?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Where do I find my sanbox space?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to find my sandbox space, and when I go to my dashboard it doesn't show it.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies