Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi there, I have a teacher who called reporting that their Math equation editor is erroneously showing at the bottom of the screen (contrary to the typical pop-up box). The issue only is occurring with two quizzes, which leads me to believe it's a gl...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Why is it that, when I click on "Pages" in the navigation bar, I'm not taken to my list of Pages?? Why, as the instructor, do I have to go through my "Home" page first? When I click on Pages, it's because I want to find a Page - why does Canvas assum...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-15-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do you invite students to join your course? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, with regards to the Besafe training for workers. All my workers except 2 has yet to receive the sms to log in to the link with their password. May i know how to report this issue? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can I create local accounts on Canvas for a group of students?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-16-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, how do you add a syllabus to your calendar?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

how to pin announcements to home page?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Question bank questions are disappearing after importing QTI files from a course pack. I will import the QTI, create a quiz from the quiz bank, return to the quiz a few minutes to hours later and the quiz bank went from having 100+ questions to less ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I manually added a new student to Canvas and I realized I had a mispelling in the username.  I deleted the student record, but now when I go into add it again, I get an error saying that the Id number is already in use.  Any idea how to get beyond th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I'd like help with a problem I have posting marks. It goes like this:1. I finish marking a class of student assignments. My grading policy is set to manual, so no-one can see their marks until posted.2. I post their marks. Everyone receives a message...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Have had a problem over the last week with the More External Tools Dropdown feature in pages. Contacted Support who said that no-one else mentioning it and to check firewall etc.Checked firewall and tried in different locations and it is still happen...

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How can you delete a file from the file location on the right?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I delete completed courses from my Dashboard?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I go to grades on my canvas shell none of my students are listed and the assignments are not showing up.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My students submit written assignments as PDFs that I then correct using the markup tools available in speed grader. The problem I encounter is that student's second drafts are the same as their first drafts- with my corrections and notes on the side...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

A test that I gave during the semester disappeared with all of the grades (Chapter 3). I've looked at the gradebook history, but I still can not tell what the grade was for that individual assignment and student.  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have heard of the term "whiteboard" as a tool used to communicate some course content with students. Is this in Canvas? If not, what tool can I use to reinforce "handout" information via live communication?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm used to a classroom setting where a teacher leads a discussion and then assigns homework, so I'm a bit shaky on how the online learning works. I've done the onboarding modules and I feel pretty confident in the system itself, but how do I know ho...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-05-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have received a Canvas course that was developed for NESL 964 via email. I need to add it to my Canvas files. I have the file in my desktop and am not sure what to do next. Thank You!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is the tutorial video "canvas overview" for students available in Spanish language?If so, please provide the link. Also to any page that contains links to other videos available in Spanish language.  I have accessed list of student guides in Spanish ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-17-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm starting my first online class on July 6th. I know that assignments are listed by due date in the syllabus, but after that I get a little fuzzy. I'm used to a typical classroom setup, where a teacher would go through a daily lesson and then assig...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

where can i access my class?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Please help. My Email is associated with my wife's email. How can I end this association of the two emails? I can simply delete or modify her courses and she can do the same for my dashboard courses. I tried a lot to find a way to take out her email ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My class begins tomorrow and I am unable to access it on CANVAS.  It is showing as a published (YES) future class yet it is not allowing me access to the link.  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why are the EDIT and DELETE options not active for this semester? For submissions under Modules.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can you do live classes with your students through Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm having trouble finding specific information about the user roles listed in Canvas's "People" section. In particular, what's the difference between the permissions for an "Assistant" and those for a "TA" (both are included), and what are a "Partic...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I believe that Canvas can be told to automatically drop the X lowest scores for an assignment category; my question is, Can I change the value of X later in the semester if desired?I'm planning to offer my students 30 Discussion questions during my s...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-14-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Easiest fix seems like it could be moved down a little bit ...Thank you

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all,I'm currently installing software in preparation for the MSc Computer Science course, however I keep running into this error when installing Liberica JDK 11 Full - despite my system being 64-bit. I downloaded the MSI file directly from their w...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-14-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies