Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Is the tutorial video "canvas overview" for students available in Spanish language?If so, please provide the link. Also to any page that contains links to other videos available in Spanish language.  I have accessed list of student guides in Spanish ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-17-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm starting my first online class on July 6th. I know that assignments are listed by due date in the syllabus, but after that I get a little fuzzy. I'm used to a typical classroom setup, where a teacher would go through a daily lesson and then assig...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

where can i access my class?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-16-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Please help. My Email is associated with my wife's email. How can I end this association of the two emails? I can simply delete or modify her courses and she can do the same for my dashboard courses. I tried a lot to find a way to take out her email ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My class begins tomorrow and I am unable to access it on CANVAS.  It is showing as a published (YES) future class yet it is not allowing me access to the link.  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why are the EDIT and DELETE options not active for this semester? For submissions under Modules.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can you do live classes with your students through Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm having trouble finding specific information about the user roles listed in Canvas's "People" section. In particular, what's the difference between the permissions for an "Assistant" and those for a "TA" (both are included), and what are a "Partic...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-15-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I believe that Canvas can be told to automatically drop the X lowest scores for an assignment category; my question is, Can I change the value of X later in the semester if desired?I'm planning to offer my students 30 Discussion questions during my s...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-14-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Easiest fix seems like it could be moved down a little bit ...Thank you

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all,I'm currently installing software in preparation for the MSc Computer Science course, however I keep running into this error when installing Liberica JDK 11 Full - despite my system being 64-bit. I downloaded the MSI file directly from their w...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It is a skill sheet that I have blanked out some of the steps and they need to fill in the steps.  Is this possible?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I copy a canvas class from last semester to this canvas shell

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I invite students to my zoom meeting?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I try to start a test or quiz and have to use my webam, there is a notification that pops up saying; Error, unable to connect to to Respondus server (AWS), Exam title indicates a webcam must be used, which requires a working connection to AWS. T...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I Have complete  my course  in  English  for journalism put i can't  receive a  certificate  for that course My name is Hisham Ayoub MousaMy email ish1960hisham@yahoo.com

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I am very new to Canvas, have downloaded on my laptop.I want it to be used as LMS for the medical school.I am at loss to understand the storage and security of data.Please guide. ThanksDinesh

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi Everyone,I'm not sure how to easily ask this question or whether what I am about to share will make sense, but I figure it's worth a shot.I teach a statistical literacy course that sometimes has up to 1000 students per semester.  This summer, I ha...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I submit my homework?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

i want to delete my canvas account and i dont know how please help 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I am uploading all my files etc to Canvas.For each of my Assignments I have rubrics that I have already made that are like this:Is there an easy way I can copy these into Canvas?Thanks, Cathy

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm a student and can't see all of my past enrollments. That is, I can see some, but not all. Most are from the previous semester (Spring 2020) but one is from Spring 2019, so I'm not sure if that one class is shown in error, or if all of the other c...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I get the annotation bar to come up in speed grader?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having difficulty figuring out how and where to copy a URL for modules created, and Pages etc to submit for my online course. I am creating everything ok I think but not knowing where to place the url on the solano instructure site for submissio...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have submitted my observation hours that I completed earlier this year, do I have to complete the online hours as well in my dashboard? When will I get approval for hours, how long does it take after submission?Also how do I go about applying for a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What it is course map?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I had a final exam that was take-home and was supposed to be turned in to an assignment on canvas. When I finished the final, I submitted the assignment and went on with my day. The next day, I went to check it a grade had been put in yet and noticed...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am having trouble pasting photos on the pages I am creating for a course. I have tried importing jpeg files, but within the text on the page, the image does not show up. It merely show the outline of the image with a question mark in the middle. I ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Tha gradebook how can I get a total grade for a student when one of the assignments has been excluded from the total

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

HelloWhy don't you issue the Course Certificate with the user's full name (which is required to register at Canvas in the first place) instead of issuing it with his/her email address? I think it would be more motivating for more people to join cours...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies