Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

My school has been using Canvas as its LMS for the 5 years.  This was my first year using Canvas (and not only did I have to learn the tool but I had to learn it as an admin) and I really learned a lot.  I just mentioned to some of the admins of my s...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As a result of the lockdown, we have been asked by our awarding body: UALto retrieve all assessment and grades and place in a folder for them to access.Previously this would not be a problem, as it would have been created in Word uploaded to Canvas f...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-12-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

One student made two attempts at a quiz. I've entered the graded mark into both attempts, and ensured the quiz is set to "accept highest" mark...but I cannot for the LIFE of me get grade centre to acknowledge EITHER attempt.I need to release the feed...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to set a writing assignment in Canvas, but I want them to do the writing in an external tool, and then I want the result to be posted back to Canvas so that teachers can see it and add comments.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I get to e-folio

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

necesito conocer las notas si ya las montaron al sistema

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If a student resubmits an assignment, will the ugraded resubmission become the default view in SpeedGrader so that I'm reminded to grade it? I don't want to miss grading a resubmission because I didn't know it was there. Thank you!

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

For one assignment, is it possible to have different due dates for each student.  I'm advising students rather than teaching a traditional class.  So they are working at different paces.  But I ultimately want them to see all the assignments listed f...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I allow students to view my Zoom Cloud recordings for a unit of study, please?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do you attach a doc to an assignment

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I forgot to mark "exclude self-plagiarism" on my final paper assignment, and now Vericite recognizes their first drafts and final papers are showing as 90-100% plagiarized.  I updated the assignment to exclude self-plagiarism, but no luck...  Can I f...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-24-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

The completes check mark only shows up on the welcome page of each module and some quizzes even though I have taken all of them and gone through all of the pages.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-11-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I click on a question number in Canvas quiz activity log I am presented with a page showing the question and the student's response (this is multiple choice). It also shows the problem/answers, including graphics. Nice! There is also a list of o...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I retake a quiz when the option is not available on the page?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If I have a group set and an assignment or graded discussion was linked to it, students submitted and were graded, and then I delete the group set, what if anything happens to the assignment/discussion and the grades?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I set up multiple options for student submissions on one assignment? I would like to offer students the option to write in a textbox, submit a PDF, or connect to a Google Doc. How do I set that up?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Where do I find my sanbox space?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to find my sandbox space, and when I go to my dashboard it doesn't show it.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

After composing an email and clicking send, the email window doesn't close though I click in the X.To get out of it I have to click on Dashboard. Is there another, quicker way?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I remove a rubric from an assignment without deleting the rubric from Canvas? I would like to remove the rubric while students do their peer review, but need it there when I grade the assignment?Or is there a way to have the students peer review ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

In Canvas, where do I find the video(s) tab? This is where course recordings are saved.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do you upload a file to an assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have a course in which it is very important that students not be able to see students in other sections of the course. All students are enrolled with the 'section only' access. As a precaution, I tried to figure out ways that teachers or students ...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I'm trying to practice using Bongolearn on Canvas and I seem to keep getting stuck when I try to set it up. I think the reason is that I clicked 'no' to the deep link question ( I didn't want to say yes to something I didn't understand...). Anyway, I...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

If using Modules as a home page, how does one suppress/eliminate/hide the sidebar showing To Do.    I would like to eliminate this sidebar so my students do not see this.  Please advise if this is possible. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do you delete extra Notes columns in Gradebook? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Speed GraderI was trying to fix some of the broken links and noticed that the speed grader disappeared from my assignments page. I set the links, but I still do not see the speed grader link on the assignment page. Any ideas on how to add the speed g...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Can I copy just one test in my course? Not the entire course....

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where do you find the 'comments' section on assignments? Is it in a different location if using the Canvas App?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies