Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I'm currently doing an exam in canvas. Just want to ask, Is it possible to create this type of exam in the canvas:1. Right minus 1/4 wrong. No answer = no minus points but if you answer it wrong minus 1/4 points.2. Can do random question exams to eac...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I delete a course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-10-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dear sir/madamSince Monday I don't have access to all my subjects as I only receive some subjects in my calendar.  From today, I cannot open my calendar, dashboard and announcements which resulted in my not being able to attend my classrooms.I have u...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you input a "matching" quiz or test into canvas? I'm confused with the left and right blanks when trying to input

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

A students was able to log on to Canvas the first week, but now cannot.  I am new to this. What should she do? Thank you.  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our district recently purchased Canvas for K-12.  I use it at my university for a reading course I teach.  I've set up the modules by week.  I'm not sure I'd like to do it this way for my middle school math courses.  What do you prefer:  Setting up y...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there any way I can use only my outlook to email students instead of going to canvas each time?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is it possible to 'merge' or 'export' grades from several courses (same students in all of the courses) into one common spreadsheet?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to enter equations as answers for fill in the blank questions?  I am creating quizzes for my math students and I have made several multiple choice items, but I also want to include questions where the students type in their responses r...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I click on a Link I insert, why doesn't it work?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How we can download assignment submission times in Excel format - it would be very useful if that can be done for all students enrolled in the course.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can someone please tell me how to upload my Essay Assignment into turnitin for plagiarism checks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi, we are using prerequisites within modules to lock certain content but wondered if there was any way in which these prerequisites could be removed at a given point, opening up the content to those who didn't engage with the other modules.  I know ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In modules, I would like to have a text box for Semester 1 and then have my weekly modules appear under this text box.  How can I do this?  So far I can only add text boxes within modules.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to schedule a conference for Canvas groups?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I am not able to write my exam because I keep on getting logged out every minute and I have lost out on writing two exams already.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anyone else use American Education Reaches Out (AERO) Standards as your primary standards? If so, has  anyone created a .csv file to import AERO Standards to use as outcomes? I reached out directly to the AERO Project Director and was told that ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I change a Course Name?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My email has been hacked and I need to change it on canvas. Someone deleted all my Modules from Texas teachers. I reached out to Texas teachers, but they were not helpful. I can't change it on my profile. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to add a Reflection page that students can access and record their progress throughout the Module.  Is there a way to create an on-going assignment that keeps their previous answers and allows them to add new comments?Thanks in advance for you...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am taking classes from both LACC and ELAC. Both are online courses, obviously. Will I find both classes on one canvas account even though they are from different schools? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a MacBook Air 11 in late 2010 (version 10.12.6). I'm using Safari (version 10.1.2). I can't see any of my courses or content. I can only see the left margin with the options to click from. Once I click on the options, the page is white without...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello fellow CANVAS users, I am in the middle of an online summer session and have had some problems with cheating.  I am using the Canvas as a LMS and there is an option to choose “Video Log”  as an option.  This shows if students switch off the scr...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I attach a photo from my computer on a discussion post? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am grading my class completing SITXMGT001 - Monitor Work Operations. I need help with the following 2 questions in the case study as most students are getting these wrong and there are no calculations in the answers. Please advise me of the calcula...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My lobos dashboard won't load on my laptop only on my phone. Any suggestions on why that is?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-09-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I set up my home page for my course, for example in the Air conditioningIalready have a background picture

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I don't know why I can't remember.... how do I upload Canvas TestBank from Evolve to Canvas? Help

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Please allow Canvas to access your microphone

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I teach music to Senior High School students. Students have an assessment/assignment where they are required to perform on an instrument before an audience. We make a video recording of each student's performance and then assess and review, posting r...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-21-2023 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies