Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I have few students who were somehow able to pause the timing on their canvas quiz. They started off at the same time their time keep falling back from the rest of the class so somehow the timer paused.  In a 50 minute exam their  timers lagged by al...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-06-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I 'hide' a section, for example, the Syllabus section?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-04-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Has anyone experienced the assignment dues dates changing to a previous semester without any input from the instructor?  I have an instructor who imported the course content from a previous semester into the current semester.  The adjust due date fea...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a character limit on Client ID and Deployment ID? What is the max # of characters for each?

(Partner)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can the TEKS (Texas standards) be imported into Canvas Outcomes?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I copy a quiz from one subject/class to another?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What hard study text do I need for "cell structure and function"

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I am trying to grade an inactive student in my course. While I can see them in my gradebook (tagged inactive), I am unable to update their grades. They do not show up in speedgrader either. Another issue I noticed is that three of the assignments...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I can see that I can message students who scored less than 'x' in a quiz, but on their overall performance.  Is there a way to message the students who are getting less than 60% overall?  

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

where can i see my report card

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

where can i see my report card?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I tried to send an email to myself and could not. How do I find out my school email as I need it to sign up for some services I need for class. Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

There seems to be no option to allow me to skip to another class while in speedgrader. The same occurs in "lecture contents". There should be a way to skip to another classes content with a single click, and not have to run through all the menus agai...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My students took a test and when I was grading, I noticed student A's paper was in student K's grade book space. Therefore, student K can see student A's work and grade.  How to I fix this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Estimados; Como se vincula Google Meet para conferencias en CanvasEste mensaje ha sido traducido usando Google Translate.Dear; How to link Google Meet for conferences on Canvas

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-15-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to use mastery paths to simulate the conditional release that I would have used in Blackboard.I have students take a pre-quiz that then directs them to one of four exams based on the results.  In Blackboard, I would have created settings o...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Is it possible to revert to a previous version of a course? I was trying to import a page from another course and apparently all of the course pages were overwritten.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where do I find the student lounge on my canvas. I am new to BVU.  I've used canvas before but I cant seem to locate the "Lounge"

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-03-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is storage strictly limited to 1.3 gb for each class? I'm trying to upload powerpoint presentations that contain video examples and uploading one presentation used up 30%. (I've already compressed the mp4 files in the presentation.)

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

why is my dash board blank?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there any option to make a course public within Free for Teacher account?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a zipfile with all the questions from the entire textbook.  I imported them but cannot find them to work with in creatign a quiz.  Where do they go after I hit import and see process 'complete'?

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can you use rubrics in discussions? If yes, how?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am the director of education technology and head of eLearning of 2 private medium size (~3-4K students) schools in Egypt. I want to have CanvasLMS K-12 in both schools. I have been trying to contact the Instructure team for the last week, I tried p...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can't get any of my courses to be editable. I'm in the middle of the canvas training and can't move on until I do something to the homepage, but none of my existing classes will let me edit anything.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I want to insert an image and make clickable links on top of the pictures.  For example:  If I put in a picture of a bookcase and I want them to be able to click on the different book titles on the bookcase that will take them to separate pages.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

In Canvas a professor may choose to make a part of the final grade participation which is automatically calculated by Canvas. The Canvas participation grade gives you points per day by opening documents and playing videos put on the platform by the t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I set up the plagiarism functions

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,When I embed a document file, it displays like this on the page.Is there a way to remove the grey box (see circled in red) that shows at the top of the document? With the grey bar at the top, the article/document does not look as organic as whe...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-11-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies