Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

If I upload Google Slides or Power Point slides for students to edit and submit for a grade, does each student get an individual copy of the slides?  If not how are others handling this situation?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-02-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I apologize if this has been asked before but I can't find an answer to this question.I have a Canvas course that has concluded.  I need quiz statistics.  I have found responses here regarding Canvas beta (no access to any beta or test environment th...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-15-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

The lecturer record the session and where can I play the session ? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I assigned students to do a peer review of a paper. I will also be giving feedback on this same paper. Is there a way I can have the students not see my feedback on this paper before they write their peer reviews?Connected- why does the annotation ba...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

were do i go to get to the dashboard.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I import my Haiku/Power Learning page to Canvas? I have downloaded an imscc file and tried to upload it but it won't open.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm teaching a Drawing 1 course and I use discussion boards for critique. Each student embeds the image of their drawing into their post, then we can all see and comment (vs uploading as an assignment that only myself and the 1 student can see). I wo...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Boa noite, fiz o curso de Introdução à Ventilação Mecânica, realizei todos os passos, contudo ainda não recebi o certificado! como devo proceder?Esta mensagem foi traduzida usando o Google Translate.Good night, I took the Introduction to Mechanical V...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I send a group email to a class?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I teach 3rd grade math, science, and social studies. My team teacher teaches Language Arts.  We each have about 25 students in our homeroom. The students switch after recess.  During remote school we used google classroom, each of us had our own page...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I do not see an Admin tab on the left in my Free For Teachers version of Canvas. How do I set up a Grading Scheme?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Under the class navigation tab, "grades" there is a "canceled eye", if you hover over it, it says, "disabled: not visible to students".  How do you fix that?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-01-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can't join to a conference in my course "Hubo error al unirse a la conferencia"What to do to elimiinate this error?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,Apologies if this is not the right place to post it, This question may be fairly simple. Being new to Canvas, Just wondering how to create a Grader?I enabled setting to create moderated assignments, and wanted to create an assignment. But it needs...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-11-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Estimados y estimada: SOY PROFESOR DE LA UNIVERSIDAD DE CONCEPCIÓN-CHILETengo que realizar una evaluación con un ejercicio de mecánica dinámica en el cual tengo un enunciado común para varios incisos o preguntas a, b, c, etc, todas preguntas de Respu...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I am attempting to do a deep-dive into embedding learning intentions and success criteria in my canvas course for next year. I am looking for suggestions or hearing what others are doing to track meeting and achieving learning targets. Using rubrics ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I looking for a summary page, similar to a another LMS, that I can share with the class on the projector.  It doesn't list any individual grades, but shares all students' grades in the grade schema as well as other statistics (e.g., median, mean, max...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to start my Training Orientation, 1.7 for the Instructor Canvas Certification and my question is;Where do I begin writing my answers?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, One thing i had found kind of annoying is that you can't highlight anything or make any important notes right in the textbook and lesson pages itself instead of trying to use Google Doc . Also how do you print out the textbook and lesson pages...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I received student's assignments as an attached file, graded them, but on their end and mine, the grade books still says "assignment missing". How do I change that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What are the limits to a free canvas version? Can someone show me the details on what you "get" in the free version? Thank you! 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'm finding the new layout for the student grades page to be highly confusing for both myself and my students. Case in point: I have a student who thinks he got 90% in the class and thinks he deserves an "A", based on what he sees when he looks at hi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-11-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Could I use an ungraded quiz with multiple attempts for students to submit a running log of how they used their work time?  It would be ideal if the student could also see what they had already entered.  Or is there a better way within Canvas to acco...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Some of my classes use a common library of movie scenes for assignments. How can I just have one library that any course can access?  John Badham

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I authorize an additional teacher to my canvas

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to set up institutional outcomes so that faculty don't have to click on each student to say mastered or not mastered for an assignment?               Issue:  The information did not show up in the spreadsheet unless you went through an...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can anyone provide me with a quick link for a simple student tutorial that I can assign my students for the beginning of class?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to take attendance for the same roster in Canvas more than once a day?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I don't remember how to upload a youtube video to a module page.  Can someone quickly remind me?Thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I imported the wrong information.  I need to delete the course I imported.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies