Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I'm finding the new layout for the student grades page to be highly confusing for both myself and my students. Case in point: I have a student who thinks he got 90% in the class and thinks he deserves an "A", based on what he sees when he looks at hi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-11-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Could I use an ungraded quiz with multiple attempts for students to submit a running log of how they used their work time?  It would be ideal if the student could also see what they had already entered.  Or is there a better way within Canvas to acco...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Some of my classes use a common library of movie scenes for assignments. How can I just have one library that any course can access?  John Badham

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I authorize an additional teacher to my canvas

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-01-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to set up institutional outcomes so that faculty don't have to click on each student to say mastered or not mastered for an assignment?               Issue:  The information did not show up in the spreadsheet unless you went through an...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can anyone provide me with a quick link for a simple student tutorial that I can assign my students for the beginning of class?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to take attendance for the same roster in Canvas more than once a day?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-02-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I don't remember how to upload a youtube video to a module page.  Can someone quickly remind me?Thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I imported the wrong information.  I need to delete the course I imported.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I add content to a module?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My district will be moving to Canvas come next school year as our main hub for all the assignments so I created a free account just to see how it works. I noticed with the App Center that there are programs we utilize in the district but not everythi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-11-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I make Announcements and Assignments "visible" to students? I've tried publish and all other things to no avail. Thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If so, how would you do this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, new to Canvas.  Will the "To Do" menu always show what needs to be graded, or does it cut off if a certain number of course sections are created?  Or is there a maximum number of submissions before it stops showing on the to do?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-21-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm an adjunct faculty, if it makes any difference...Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi,I have been troubleshooting an issue with my SCORM modules failing to register a final grade of complete (graded complete/incomplete) in Canvas since March. They remain incomplete even after the final quiz which tracks the module completion (set t...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Require that students read the announcement before having access to content/assignments.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Where can i find the pairing code for my course for my students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-02-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to delete all old emails?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I change a student's display name?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I recently applied to sbcc and i was able to make a user name and password on pipeline. When i log on to pipeline, there is no student tab. How do i get a student id number? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was watching my online lectures and suddenly when I was going to watch the next video, it wouldn't let me watch it because it states that there is a server error. its been about 10 mins since this happened and I reeeeally need to watch my lectures....

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

There is nothing in my Home (Homepage).  How do I set this up?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-03-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are looking for information on the process of listing our app in EduApp center.We would like to know the complete process that goes into achieving this task.Will there be any cost involved?Is there any dedicated support channel for EduApp center.W...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-08-2020 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 13 Replies

I have many classic question banks that I would like to make available to new quizzes and also change classic quizzes to the new style. After reviewing several posts about this, I am still unable to make this happen and unsure how to begin.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am teaching a course at a local university this summer and would like to have all of the files from my school's Canvas account available to me in my university Canvas account. Is this doable? If so, how?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I resize an image to fit onto the course card?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

"Failed to create a new item". I am trying to upload a file and I keep getting the above message. I can upload documents such as pdf's but not a video. I have uploaded files such as this in the past, but unable to today. I need assistance please. Tha...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I need assistance in reseting my password.  I have requested the link more than 4 times and have wait 30 mins for each and nothing arrives in my email account.  I have check spam and junk - nothing in there either.  Please help

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I make files visible to students ?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies