Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I built an exam (Quiz in Canvas-speak) using question banks in one of my sections. When I made the question banks for the quiz, I bookmarked them.Then, I went over to a different Canvas course, and made another quiz, using the bookmarked question ban...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I put an html link in a discussion post? I have saved it to my desktop and tested the link, but when I use the "Link to Url" feature in Discussions, it doesn't work.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, I have made a module that I would like students to go through using "next" button which usually appears on the Canvas web version but not the app. It does have a little arrow but that's it. I noticed for quizzes on the Android app that it does...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-07-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Last week I was able to record in panopto, edit them online and then when I went into Canvas I was able to find and embed the recording into the page. This week it has changed!I recorded my video as per usual. I found, edited and moved these videos t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-01-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi! I'm new here. This question is more of a test than anything. How do I add content? This is the first place I've found on the website where I can post anything.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi! Im getting some issues with the conferences in bigbluebutton. I cant upload files since yesterday. But 3 days ago, I was uploading files to the conference with no problem. Heeeeelp!! that's important for my classes, please! I really love that.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have students with missing assignments, but for some reason, Canvas doesn't reduce their grade by those points. I have one missing 60 points, the total possible for my class is 262, but her average is out of 202. Her grade is not 87%, it is actuall...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Not able to access my course. Says i'm not enrolled but i am in regards of registration.  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-31-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I connect an email account so that my Inbox emails are forwarded to that account? In other words, I want to send out an email to my students. But I want the email to go to their University email accounts, not just show up in the Inbox because ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So, I am trying to complete all Modules but it is not working on my Safari network. Do I need to download Google Chrome? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Are there any decent  (free or cheap) anti-plagiarism apps out there for the free canvas account?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to figure out how to1) allow students to take a test at their own chosen time (within a window of time),2) have students download a test document (PDF), and then upload or email their written responses (as PDF),3) impose a time limit on t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-09-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Where do I go to create a quiz? I have the rubrics. The learning materials are NOT in canvas.Thank youSheila BrearCalifornia Northstate University College of Dental Medicine 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

not able to use canvas

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I uploaded my syllabus.  I linked the file to the "syllabus", my homepage and one or two other places.  When I click on any of those links it takes me to a place to download the file.  How can I get it to open the syllabus file rather than point to i...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This summer I have 3 sections that have been merged into one canvas course (around 30 students per section, so around 90 students in all). For the purposes of discussion board activities I only want students to see people from their section so it doe...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My current class that I am teaching has been moved to "past courses" and I am unable to edit anything. HOw can I move it back to current courses?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas tool similar to Google doc where students sign up for a group presentation?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-03-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you save your course work created on Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi. I'd like a more personalized url for my organization. Currently, my url in Canvas is https://canvas.instructure.com/courses/xxxxx I would like it to be https://myorganization.instructure.com/courses/xxxx. Does anyone know if this can be done? How...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

New to Canvas. How do I find files for my summer course

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

intro etc and lists of videos come up but can't get started

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an IMS LTI Advantage certified app (ChemVantage) that I'm trying to configure to submit scores to Canvas using the Assignment and Grade Services v2.0. I keep getting an HttpResponseStatus 422 (Unprocessable Entity) and could use a little help,...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-18-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I noticed that occasionally a part of my discussions will have a section that is collapsed, with a "show more" link and down arrow.  When I click there a collapsed section opens up.  This is unintentional but I don't have a clue why it's happening.  ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-03-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why different pen writes are considered as one object and not as separate objects in SpeedGrader? 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When one places a text or a highlight or a written comment/remark/annotation in SpeedGrader when grading/marking student submissions and makes a mistake, one would like to delete it. When deleting by using an icon, a confirmation of the delete pops u...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

upload syllabus

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I upload files?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My professor wants me to submit in the text entry box, but I can't see it. My friend logged in to her account and she was able to see the text entry box, but I still couldn't. My professor said she won't be grading any of my assignments until I fix t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

to embed using facebook

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies