Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I can't log in to canvas, i tried forget password and they  never sent me a new link, i got a pairing code and signed up again and it says code invalid.  very frustrated and annoyed at this moment.  please advise

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a quick way to copy the images, saved in the Canvas files, into another course's files? 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-31-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I direct students to contact me (the instructor) using the Canvas Inbox? Using the Inbox involves multiple steps - is it possible to simplify this process for students? Specifically, in my course syllabus I would like to provide a link (or so...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If I do not assign a due date for an assignment, will it keep it off the To-Do list?(We are an elementary school using buttons to take our kids to each subject and the kids keep clicking on the To-Do list, which is having them skip important lesson i...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I find out how to use Canvas? Can I stop and start on my own schedule?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How long does it take for a course to copy over to another shell?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I was wondering if there is an option for a student to view when assignments were graded, similar to how we get notify when assignments are graded. I was trying to look back at these notifications but they seem to disappear after a certain amou...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am new to Canvas.  I loaded tons of PDFs into the files on Canvas and linked them to my pages.  Now I can't get them to open directly, they download instead.  This will not work for my students.  Any fixes?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I remove unwanted courses from my dashboard?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-30-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I got married last summer. How do I change my last name on my Canvas profile/account?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-01-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to easily transfer a course from one organization's Canvas account to another organization's Canvas account? If so, will all the content copy directly, or will it need to be reformatted, etc.?Thank you.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi - I want to upload .pdfs and have them show as pages so that I can use hypothes.is for annotation. The app doesn't work when the .pdfs default to in-line preview. How do I fix this? Thanks!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We just had an update to Canvas and now when I edit a page the Links tab on the right side of the page are missing.  Can you please tell me how I can access them?  I used to use them just as shown in this Canvas help How do I link to other Canvas pag...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-29-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have been asked (by someone at Canvas) to visit the "Feature Request Site" but was not given a link to the page and I've not been able to find it. Would you please provide a link? Thanks!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Here is the situation:I wrote a 2 part final in Classic Quizzespart I - 3 file upload questionspart 2 - a mix of mc, fill in the blank and "essay" questions (where students had to enter math equations in the text field)I have graded both parts.  Part...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

With many students not able to complete their courses due to COVID-19, can we override the Available Until date on assignment submissions on a school-wide level? I can extend the end of the course date globally, but was hoping to do this for all assi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do you send an email to all students in a course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to add a link for apps such as Star Reading, Big Ideas Math or any others that can't be added as an LTI for all teachers that would like to access them? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Nearly all of the videos I have viewed (even those from 2016) talk about the rich text editor, and when it is invoked, three tabs appear on the right side of the screen for choosing "links, files or images".  What I see is a drop down menu that defau...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm researching hosting Canvas on server or at AWS for 1000 users at a Technical k12 SchoolWhat is the preferred Linux distro?Debian 10Centos 8RHEL 8Ubuntu ServerMinimum RAM  ?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I add a rating level to my rubrics on Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,How do I access previous course shells that are no longer showing on my dashboard? I spoke to the previous instructor and he indicated everything on his end is still active but because I took the course over a year ago, it is no longer on my da...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can Canvas/Kaltura add an option to combine individual Kaltura student videos into one final student group video? This is not possible at this moment.  Now, students have to use other software and then try to cut and paste their individual video's in...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do we assign weights to assignments in the Gradebook?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I understand how to use question pools in quizzes, but I also want to implement a question pool for an assignment (e.g., a set of topics that students would write an essay on, but which get selected randomly from a pool). I need assignment-specif...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to create several versions of a quiz for a course and am unable to do a simple duplication. i have to copy to same course and i am getting errors and ones i have copied and renamed are getting overwritten.. there has to be a simple way to make...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why do I have some icons missing?  I watched a video on how to use Discussions, and there were icons for YouTube, Arc, etc...that are not showing up for me...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I do a split screen

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-11-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I add teachers and supervisors to canvas