Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I cannot see the content of my course on Canvas with macbook, but I can see everything on my phone. How to fix this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-25-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HiI want to send a welcome video to my students before the course starts, but I don't want to make the online course visible/available yet.  Is it possible to send an Announcement without making the course available yet? I can't seem to email them vi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to take "conversation" mode off in email?  In most email systems, you can either chose to have emails displayed one by one or grouped by "conversation".  I truly hate "conversation" mode and would love to change that in Canvas inbox.th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you import an assignment rubric from one course to another?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

how do I make a video?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-27-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Can someone please explain to me what the following responsive settings are?  Thanks so much.

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a way to embedd multiple videos on one module assignment.  For example, I have a Google Slide Presentation and would like to put it in an assignment under a Module.  Each slide in the module has at least one video clip linked.How to do this ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Other than those courses that will end when the term ends for grades 9-11, I have 12th grade courses that are ending now.  Rather than entering each course's Course Settings and concluding the courses manually one at a time, is there another way to c...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I spent an hour typing an assignment only for it to disappear. I was not ready to save it. How do I recover it?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-24-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Whenever I try to take a test for my math class this is what I see:How am I supposed to get good grades If I can't be properly assessed?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have one group of assignments, each with points attached. When students' points are filled in for each assignment, the row that says assignments at the end gives a score. It looks to be the score for the assignments finished. But the row that says ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Once I have used Speedgrader to grade an assignment, how do I export those scores into Skyward? I thought that once I finished grading all the students on the assignment, it would happen automatically if I set up the assignment to synch with Skyward,...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I just uploaded a PPT to my module using the Files menu.  How do I make this PPT my Live Lecture?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I create a group for a quiz to ask randomized questions I want Canvas to pull those questions from a subset of the Question Bank and not the whole bank (level 1 versus level 2 questions). Some of the questions may be the same but not all  Can th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,Some of my students are unable to upload files to their portfolios or send messages via Canvas inbox because they get the error message: "exceeds file quota."I am confused as to why it is happening to some students and not others.Is there any w...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello! I am new here, so forgive me if this as been asked somewhere elseTL;DR: I want to create a Swift Client for interacting with Canvas API. Is there a OpenAPI/Swagger Spec file I can use to generate that Client?In the developer resources there is...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to link the course schedule to the calendar

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need help. By accident, I deleted a video commentary and typed comments on a discussion post. I need to undo that action.  I'm using a Chromebook without a mouse ( no right click ).

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Home page image is not visible from 'Home'.   It shows on the page, and is filed in the course files, but won't transfer to 'Home'.Thanks in advance

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does canvas supported by Chrome 83. Would a browser be "too updated" ?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I want to create a quick message for a student as a hello or feedback, regardless of the area of Canvas I am in, when I create it and post it and move on to the next student to provide their individualized video, it does not allow me the opportu...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-02-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to add a faculty member to my course. How do I add her as a co instructor?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I have problems with my content, you see:I installed canvas on ubuntu server, even I can up load files, however I can not play video in the canvas' player, it just leavs me download the file.I would like to know how I shoul to do or what I should...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Since yesterday, none of my new students have been able to register for Canvas accounts. When they enter their information on the registration page and click "start" nothing happens at all. I tried to register a test student with the same result. I'v...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-26-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 16 Replies

If I allow students to submit a quiz multiple times, how can I hide their score from being displayed after any submission? I don't want them to submit it just to see the score, then realize some answers are wrong, and change answers and re-submit unt...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add a horizontal line to a page using the Rich Context Editor? I see how to do so with code... but I also saw a new release that should allow us to do this in RCE, however my edit screen does not look like the release notes.Thanks for any he...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi,How can I move a test from Canvas to Connect?Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

¿En que parte encuentro la información para crear una página interactiva?Este mensaje ha sido traducido usando Google Translate.Where do I find the information to create an interactive page?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'd like my students to be able to annotate and highlight as they read. Does Canvas have any way for students to do that within content pages or embedded pdfs? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-16-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi!I'm having an issue when trying to record a video response to student comments in a discussion thread. I'm using the "Record/Upload Media" option to record a short 20-30 second video and to post that video as a reply. The first few worked just fin...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies