Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How do I add the Panopto LTI to Canvas

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-29-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to upload a file via the API using Powershell. I am an administrator with 'impersonate' authorisation. I have tried following the API documentation for this process but am having trouble putting it into practice. My understanding is that t...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-01-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am using the appointment scheduler for my virtual office hours. How do you set it up so that you get a notification when a student sets up an appointment? I have almost missed two appointments.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Good Morning Is there a way to disable the ability for students to add links on their Profiles. I teach 8,9,10 year olds and would prefer this not to be an option.Thanks Krystine

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've noticed a possible glitch in the new updated version of Canvas.  When I participate in my class discussions, the writing box stays small (with a scroll bar occurring the more you write...why?), in addition to an odd white box that extends below ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I'm trying to disengage Google Drive share. Currently it's sharing with my Google Drive and I can't seem to disconnect that. Thanks,Steve Cardamone

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-24-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a high school math teacher. And as is true for all, we have moved into a world of distance learning. Canvas has been used more as an organized assignment list in the past before Covid-19. But now our school is exploring ways to assess and engage...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do we use Mindtap with canvas? new student here. thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where do I find instructions for importing Ready-Made & Custom Templates into a course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-21-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I create a weighted rubric for my course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-28-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I delete assignments?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Need direct contact number/information to a representative to get a quote for our district.  All attempts provided on the website are not resulting in anything. Thank you~

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-21-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to add an external app to the navigation for multiple courses at once, rather than going into each course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do i invite my students to their course to take their quizzes?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,This is a very basic question I know - apologies! - but I have not yet found a good answer by scouring google results and this community's questions/answers.I am new to Canvas, and my organization would like to find a way to send info from an even...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am clicking on canvas navigation and it nothing shows up. None of the modules show up either when I click on them?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Greetings!I am having a bit of trouble with canvas. For some reason I cannot get rubric data (neither scores or selected answers) for assignment peer review submissions. Some of the students did answer the peer review rubric questions, but when I use...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-27-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Please forgive my ignorance. I have never taken a course online. How will I receive my instructors instructions for the upcoming summer class slated to commence June 3rd that I am enrolled in? Maybe check messages by then or........?Respectfully, Joh...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Where did the annotation tools go? These are docx files so it is not the file type. It does have an anonymous peer review but I didn't think that took away the DocViewer tools?Thank you,Karen

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

So we are using free canvas for teachers and we have free courses. I have been using canvas with my students for about 4 weeks now with no problem having students signing up to our courses. Unfortunately my recent new students are not able to sign up...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I do not want to import. I would like to type on Course Summary. Edit button does not give me option to type on Course Summary. I need step-by-step help.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We are creating online courses for some teacher training.  We are expecting up to 500 people enrolled in a course.  What is the best way to manage this?  We have 12 instructors to help manage and monitor work.  Do I create a course for each of them? ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I want to create an adaptive placement test for my students. I would like to organize my questions by difficulty level, and then have questions get harder or easier based on whether a student answers correctly. https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/4...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to run a report that will shows all of the active courses for all schools along with the teachers assigned to them for this current term 2019-2020.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I NOT ABLE TO DO MY ASSIGMENT AND QUIZ NEED HELP ASAP. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Everyone,I don't currently have any group discussion assignments in my introductory statistics course because I have a large number of students (over 300).  However, I'm thinking it might be time to experiment with some things in order to build mo...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to make copies of my inbox emails to students? Need to turn copies into school

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do allow the students to see the Modules?  There is a picture of an eye with a slash through it and cant figure our how to remove that symbol.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Why won't my Dashboard load up? All I see is "empty card".

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am seeing that few of my students have submitted the assignment however their submission goes in for some another student. When that another student opens the submission tab to submit their work, they find that someone else's submission has been po...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-09-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies