Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I am the course coordinator, can I download collaborate ultra recordings within the Canvas LMS?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-22-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I download turnitin quickmarks for use in canvas marking?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I start a new course? My dashboard does not have a button that  says "Start a New Course"

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I would like to make a self-paced mini-course but where students can't jump around to other pages in the module and don't directly see all the module pages as it could be confusing. I'd like to have a button that says "get started" at the bottom that...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is there a further step needed?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I load work for a student, into their 'account' for a subject?#submitting assignments

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-21-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

SISWhat is SIS? Canvas asks me if I want to enable SIS in assignments. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How can I set up within a quiz a formula sheet, that student's can access when they need?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I was wondering if there was a way to colour the different aspects in a module as above. So that at a glance students could have a visual cue as to were they are expected to upload or complete assignments.Just a thought.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Where do I find the results of an input survey?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how to make groups of assignments

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi al. How can I copy a Word doc with images into a Canvas discussion? All formatting and images disappear. Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an assignment document that I want my students to download, complete, and then upload to be graded. To ensure that each student does their own work, I would like the document to be assigned a unique filename suffix each time it is downloaded b...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

The assignment upload facility is used for both assignments and tests/exams. In the case of an exam, can I prevent students from downloading their submissions, once submitted? This is necessary because, in a busy semester, not all students will write...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When students are trying to submit a google cloud assignment they get this message.  What am I doing wrong?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-26-2020 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Can teachers poll their students and get results from a class vote?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Howdy! I have designed a new homepage and when I make it my new 'front page' part of the last column of buttons is cut off. I know it has to do with the table the buttons are in and because the course stream and course navigation eat into the width a...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hello!Where can I find the confetti feature? 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-29-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 12 Replies

Is there a way to assign a pdf worksheet so the students can type on it? I can get the assignment to open for each individual student to see, but I am not sure how they can edit the pdf.  My students are using chromebooks.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our school has moved away from percents and letter grades to standards-based grading. We report out on an integer scale (0-8), with each number representing a level toward mastery.  These are not "points" and do not add up or translate to a letter gr...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

For quizzes that have both machine-scored (multiple choice etc.) and manually-scored (written) questions, it seems that Canvas automatically posts the student scores as if they scored 0 on the written portion, prior to me grading those questions.  I ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I delete old comments from my students work?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Apparently, yesterday I was putzing with courses and had some of them "turned off" in Calendar. As a result, I missed two meetings that students had booked with me through the system because I didn't see them. I understand wanting to keep class event...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can I manually cross out completed tasks from my calendar? Some cross out and some do not.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am new to Canvas. I am an instructor. In the last MLS of Blackboard grade book there was a total points column that showed how many total points were in the course for all assignments. In Canvas I do not see where the points are calculated to show ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have made several attempts to edit my name to include my new last name.  When I go to settings and click on edit profile, it does not allow me to change my name.  Why is that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Actually i deleted a course in canvas.instructure.com accidentally  i have the course number can anyone please help me out its very urgent

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-26-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,How does my instructor know I am here online daily for attendance?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Good day all,I am a new IT Helpdesk manager here at my school (Gulf Coast State College), and we have run into a curious problem.  I have a faculty user who, when they log into the GSCS instance of Canvas she gets a view that has the Canvas page cont...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-07-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies