Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Does Assessment in canvas require continuous internet connectivity during compiletion?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When creating a video in Announcements, is there a time limit.My quick test video works fine, but once the full 5 minute announcement was recorded, I hit save and nothing happens.Can you advise?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-20-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I hid the column in the grade book and now I can't find it. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-31-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a way to remove users in bulk under the "people" section for the school? Specifically under Admin > All Accounts > People.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am new to Canvas and have not gotten into the Mastery Paths yet. I have a course going live this week. I am using #prerequisites‌ and #modular requirements‌. What happens if a student decides they do not want to complete one of the items or does no...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I wrote two versions of a recent midterm and assigned one version to three sections of the class and the other version to the other three sections. I made sure that there were no students assigned to more than one section... But, at least one student...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I have recently started using New Quizzes. For the past few quizzes, I have had both autograded questions (multiple choice, fill in the blank and drag and drop) and essay questions within the same quiz. When I look in the gradebook after students hav...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello. I'm hoping to create an interactive checklist within Canvas-Elms as a part of Orientation for students beginning their program this Fall. I am not an instructor but a staff member and do not see the option at the bottom right that says "Start ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm enrolled in professional development courses as a student but am unable to act as a teacher on my account so I can't create courses, assignments, etc. What can I do to change this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Students submitted assignments by linking their Google Doc, and their documents were shown as gdoc, which I could not open. Could you please let me know how to open files with extension of gdoc?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 11 Replies

I'm configuring Zoom LTI pro and adding the canvas calendar integration as well.  But my Canvas is asking users/faculty to authorize the app.  Is there a security option on my Canvas that I can update in order for my users to avoid the extra step of ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If an instructor copies and pastes a Conference link from one course to another, can the students view that conference?This is the email that I received a few minutes ago:I tried to import a recorded Conference from one class to another. But I didn't...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-10-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Here what I've been doing, but my "Part 3" is not working... An "Exam" is in its own module (which I hate, but that seems to be the only way to do this). The previous module is a prerequisite and students must do the three tasks in the "Exam" module ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am trying to submit proof that I updated my profile and worked on my announcement section under my Profile in Canvas to submit the assignment and I can't seem to get the Print Screen button to work to copy what I did on that screen.  What can I do?...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-02-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to adjust the default size of headers for our institution, and while doing some testing in our beta instance, I noticed that anytime I set a pixel size in the CSS, it gets reduced to 75% of the value I enter.h2 {  font-size: 18px;}There's...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I keep forgetting to go in and make sure each assignment has been changed from NO SUBMISSION so students can upload their assignments.  I would LOVE IT if I could just make that the default setting for all assignments.THANKS!!Kristy

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do you re-use question from a quiz in your course, to a different quiz in your course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a macbook and every time i login on my laptop to do work nothing ever pops up . I always have to do my work on my phone .

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

On a Math worksheet I want to point out an error on the worksheet with a pin and correction, but I don't know how to do it??I clicked on the tools up top but nothing happens?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I zoom to a canvas class on a macbook air?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Quiz has disappeared during testing - is there a way to recover it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Where can I find an exported course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to set up a Canvas course shell for an adjunct instructor by 5/26/20, which she will later complete. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to turn on notifications so students and teachers will know when a comment is uploaded in an assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I download a power point to canvas?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can students upload a video AND a text file for one assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I receive push notifications in digest form for assignment completion by my students. Is there a way to do this with the badges they earn so I don't have to go hunting for them (especially if they're submitted late)? Thanks!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

by mistake I made students as teachers.  How do I reverse this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-02-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I learn to use conference feature?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can i remove a reply from a discussion?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies