Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

We are just making the transition from Blackboard to Canvas. As a department we have been using Campus Pack tools extensively on many of our modules. I have worked out how to simulate a private journal type of tool using the discussion board. But I c...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dear all,Hi. I am trying to create a account with turnitin but is having trouble with it. The website is asking for a class enrollment key but I am a PhD candidate and quite unsure what it is. Could you provide some suggestion to my situation?Greatly...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-20-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,How do I handle setting up a course when students live all over the world. My concern is dealing with multiple time zones for assignments.Thank you.Pat Gamble

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good Morning,Where can I edit or change my password?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi.Does anyone know if the conference API has the functionality to create, edit or delete?From the documentation it looks like you can only GET data and not POST.ThanksVeronica

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I created an announcement on Canvas and needed to attach 2 documents to this annuncement.  However, it would only allow me to add the 1 attachment and when I tried to add the 2nd attachment it replaced the 1st.I tried to attach using the "Browse" fun...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

my teachers told me that: they are can not change due date after an assignment expired???why? who can tell me please!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Morning,Is it possible to have one quiz and use that multiple times and get each response as a different attempt in Speedgrader (rather than overwriting previous attempts?); effectively to show progress across weeks of teaching

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-03-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have just set up 4 identical notebooks and using Chrome as the default browser.  3 work fine but one says the browser is not supported and student can't do quizzes as it says they are only available to registered users.the one not working is showin...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My institution has no way to submit feedback directly to the Canvas developers and our IT support has not been able to offer help for my issue. I have a student claim that only one (of 40) responses were recorded on a Canvas Quiz. The log is strange ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi All,We have created sub accounts for a couple of demos and created a theme for each one.  We then assigned 3 of us as admins to both of the sub accounts, and we are already admins on the primary account.  When the two of us on Windows click on Adm...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-26-2020 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 Replies

How do you set up course navigation menu?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-19-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am writing to enquire why CANVAS created classes in Turnitin sometimes show as "LTI CLASS" in Turnitin rather the proper populated class name from CANVAS? Has anyone else experienced this and knows why this might occur?See attached screenshot which...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-14-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are running virtual prac classes this semester. It would be good to have a live class dataset for students to use for their data analysis. Students would be able to add their own data to this set (just a count, nothing fancy), and it would update ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,Suppose I have 3 assignment groups that are weighted as follow:1. Assignments: 50%2. Quizzes 25%3. Final 25%The final assignment group has a final but the grade is not recorded until the end of the semester. How does the gradebook calculate the cu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

hi.im new with canvas. these are the concerns i encountered:1. i cant seem to see the log out button2. i cannot add a new module

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How am I able to have both my childrens' accounts accessible when I open Canvas? My daughter originally set up her account on my laptop, so her's is accessible, but I would like to have my son's as well. I have tried to find a "switch user" option to...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My policy for A+'s has always been and always will be 100% or better. The grading schemes in Canvas don't seem to allow me to do this. I kludged it by making the lower limit 99.99%, but I'm wondering whether there's a Canvas setting that will let me ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a way to create a class directory where participants could upload a picture and some personal information that would then be available for others to read about them - as a way for people to get to know one another?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am teaching two sections of a course and I like to schedule one Zoom meeting for the Review session on Canvas.I think I can schedule a meeting in one section and provide the link to the meeting for my students in other section. Am I right?  Is ther...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Am I correct that quizzes in Canvas have much less functionality than assignments? As far as I can tell, quizzes do not accepts file uploads of more than one image per question, and they do not allow you to use the document viewer to annotate, commen...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-03-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to turn on notifications for every time a student turns in an assignment? I would like to be able to see when a student completes an assignment that needs "moderation". Currently the only things that show up in my "to do" are writing a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hiding assignment and quiz grades used to be simple, but the options have changed and Canvas really doesn't want to hide the grades anymore.  I don't the see the little eye with a line through it, even after the system says "Success! You've hidden th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dear all,Trust you are keeping well and staying safe in these trying timesI am Information professional with little experience in programming,Pls I need help and guidance in creating canvas application for my students in senior secondary school here ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have some pages that have lots of content so I have used HTML to create tabs. The problem I am having is that some tabs have links to additional pages (see The CRAAP test tab in screen shot below for example). On the additional pages I added a link...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I want to include In a quiz I am building several similar questions. Can I create just one question, copy it, insert the copy into the same quiz and edit the copy? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I am seeing a potential bug concerning Last Activity and Zero Activity Report. Here is what I am seeing:  In the “People” section of course id 529, student Jacob Davis last visited the course on May 17 at 3:15 PM. His total activity in that course i...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I accidentally deleted a question bank but the questions are still in a quiz that is accessible.  What is the easiest way to get those quiz questions back in the question bank?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I like to use Goformative for assignments and quizzes. How can I upload these into canvas?John

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies