Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hiding assignment and quiz grades used to be simple, but the options have changed and Canvas really doesn't want to hide the grades anymore.  I don't the see the little eye with a line through it, even after the system says "Success! You've hidden th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dear all,Trust you are keeping well and staying safe in these trying timesI am Information professional with little experience in programming,Pls I need help and guidance in creating canvas application for my students in senior secondary school here ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have some pages that have lots of content so I have used HTML to create tabs. The problem I am having is that some tabs have links to additional pages (see The CRAAP test tab in screen shot below for example). On the additional pages I added a link...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I want to include In a quiz I am building several similar questions. Can I create just one question, copy it, insert the copy into the same quiz and edit the copy? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I am seeing a potential bug concerning Last Activity and Zero Activity Report. Here is what I am seeing:  In the “People” section of course id 529, student Jacob Davis last visited the course on May 17 at 3:15 PM. His total activity in that course i...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-20-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I accidentally deleted a question bank but the questions are still in a quiz that is accessible.  What is the easiest way to get those quiz questions back in the question bank?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I like to use Goformative for assignments and quizzes. How can I upload these into canvas?John

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-19-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Log in I'm a teacher in a CANVAS class and sometimes when a student submits an assignment this is the message I get:Log InYou need to authorize this integration in order to use it.Please sign in to your Google account and authorize this integrationWh...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do you see the grades on canvas for 3rd quarter

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Please help! I am trying to embed a google slide that includes an audio file but the audio needs to be clicked on after embedding??? How can I get it to auto play like it does in google slides?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I was making a quiz and got about 1/2 way done writing all the questions, stepped away from my computer and it did a restart/update of some sort, kicked me out of Canvas, and the quiz didn't save.Is there a way to retrieve recent docs like in Office3...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

In a quiz, an instructor set the available start and end times from 10:15 AM until 12:15 PM, respectively, with a time limit of 120 minutes. A student must have started the quiz late and went beyond the 12:15 end time, ending at 12:19.  The student's...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

On the GUI, if a student goes to the "grades" tab, they can see the highest, lowest, and average score, along with their own score. How is this information viewed using a student auth in Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can students register/sign in for groups? How can they make their own groups in Canvas?We see that the option exists. Nevertheless, students don´t know how to do it. Is it because in their Canvas they don´t have all the buttons/sections that we a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I was working with a faculty member today who teaches AMDT. He wants to get rid of the zero in numerical quiz decimals as this has an impact on the machines they are working with. For example, if the answer is ".24" Canvas autocorrects to "0.2...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I need details about using Rich Content Editors.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have had two Zoom class meetings while using Canvas in which my internet connection failed. I have had one successful Zoom meeting with this class while using Canvas. On the successful evening, I had very few tabs open and I moved slowly through th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where do I find the course code?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where do I find the course code? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello - I am using the free version of Canvas.  I would like to make a video with picture in a picture. My purpose is to capture my screen and put my image in the corner.  I am offered mic and webcam, but not the "both" option.  Is this because I'm u...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to push updates from courses to beta on Canvas? I helped an instructor make some changes to his course, and I'd like to test some things with the changes we made from yesterday, but they aren't showing up in beta yet. 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Link a url to an announcement

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to use Outcomes and New Quizzes and have aligned each set of questions with a specific Outcome. However, when I pull up the Outcome reports, it grades the outcomes as if every question was aligned with the same outcome. I also had the que...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,I created a Zoom folder on my Canvas Home page. I would like to put my recorded zoom meetings in that particular folder. The meetings are saved on my computer. How can I move them to the Zoom folder on my Canvas page?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how can I create a grading column?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why are my grades not loading as percentages ?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I created a new canvas course, but all the announcements from the previous course transfer as well. How do I do a mass delete of all these announcements without having to individually delete each one? thanks in advance

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-21-2021 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 11 Replies

I have one student who has been unable to open any google cloud assignments, I use slides for notes. I've attached the screenshot he sent me but what I'm wondering is, how is this possible on a Chromebook? He's signed in with google and claims to hav...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

If I am sending a group message through the grade book, how do I attach a file?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies