Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Sometimes students cannot upload Assignments on time due to network issues or whatever. To allow them to do so requires cumbersome re-opening and closing of the Assignment, with extensions for particular students. This entails some risk that other st...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-19-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have been with my current course on canvas for 5 years. All of the sudden I’m getting duplicate emails for the same message. Sometimes three. I haven’t adjusted my settings. Just wondering if there’s some bug others are experiencing.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I am wondering if there is a way, once you have submitted a comment in a discussion board, you can see only your post and the replies to it.  I have been going through the entire chat looking for my post and it is taking alot of time.  Just wo...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why does student receive Cocoa Error 132001 when submitting a video in Canvas?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a course that needs to stay active indefinitely and I would like to find out if there was a way that I can provide my students a 6 months access to the course from the first day they gain access to the course? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-20-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I'm asking because i don't know how to create a video for you guys. So i want to learn how to make a video. This will be the first time i create a video with you guys. So let me know ASAP how to create a video whenever you guys can respond will be be...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a previous employee at my school (over 3 years ago) that is getting notifications from current Canvas courses.  She is not a user in canvas (from what I can tell).  When I type in her name under "people" I get nothing.  When I search for her e...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How can I make a quiz as extra credit? I tried to change the point value to 0, but it wouldn't let me as it had already been synced and published.  I was able to change the points on a discussion post, but it won't work for a quiz.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am an observer in the class.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Me gustaría saber si hay alguna forma de saber, si hay alguna situación en la plataforma especialmente en conferencias, debido a que tengo a mis alumnos ya listos para la clases y resulta que no pueden ingresar por que hay alguna falla y les aparece ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-02-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Why can't I access a Conference? Is there any update happening? Shouldn't you let us know at least?This is going to hell seriously everything is collapsing...Nobody helps, answers or fixes anything

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How could I know when updates are made on the platform because sometimes it does not allow me to enter the conferences because an update is being made on the platform?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why are my students showing up as numbers instead of names in one of my assignments when I go to grade them?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

For the last two weeks, the grades in my gradebook do not load automatically.  Rather, I need to click on each individual field to see the grades for each assignment.  I don't think it's a problem with a slow loading page or any of my settings. I am ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am a non-instructional employee, and do not have access to all of Canvas.  How do I email a student through Canvas, or can I?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If an instructor records a video message to students in the inbox, provides video feedback to an assignment, or creates a media recording using the rich content editor, are the media files saved anywhere in Canvas? I have instructors who would like t...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I just recently discovered question banks but I have dozens of quizzes already made. I'd like to go back and add those quiz questions to a bank from which I can draw questions for the final exam. Is this possible or would I have to retype the questio...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cannot access the Training Services Portal. I can't authorize my access and get the message "Please ensure you have a valid Canvas name and email address." I don't have the same problem for Commons. How can I solve this? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-23-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can we work with colour codes in canvas that show where the student is in his/her progress? 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Many of our teachers have already created all kinds of content for their classes in MS Teams. They use different channels within MS Teams. MS Teams is currently used as a kind of LMS with the students. From next school year we will switch to Canvas. ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In a group assignment submission that is marked using speed grader, how can I manually change one member's mark without changing the rest of the team's marks? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have set my notifications to receive Announcements and Discussions but am not receiving them. I also see other groups discussions (in addition to my year's group discussion) in my "Discussion" page when I click on it. Can someone from Canvas please...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

why aren't my classes showing on my dashboard?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My profile photo is gone. I don't know what happened. I tried to edit it but still the photo does not appear not matter how I tried replacing my photo. What seems to be the problem?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-06-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can't seem to add files to a quiz while in Quiz Bank mode.  The normal palate on the right is missing.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

List of "people" in Canvas incorrectHello,I just clicked on the "people" section of Canvas and the list of people there are more than the list of my students in class. I have no idea where and how these extra people have been added to the list of peo...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I deleted and then reinstated a Quiz. Now this Quiz is listed in Quizzes but not in my learning modules. How do I transport this Quiz back to my learning module units?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I upload a google slide onto my canvas page?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We are having issues with images not displaying in quizzes. The images have been uploaded correctly and appear in the blueprint, but sometimes don't show in the associated courses, while sometimes they do.We are not sure if this is NBN related due to...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies