Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Every time I log into Canvas, I can't see any of what's on the dashboard. I can see the sidebar but when I click on a tab nothing comes up. I'm not sure if there's something I need to turn on or what's going on. Is there any way you can help me? I'm ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-07-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I created a group that has 4 subset groups. Students are told to self-assign to a group. I have two assignments which the need to use the same groups to which the students self-assigned.  One assignment is a discussion.  The 2nd assignment is one in ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

New issue just popped up out of the blue... if I go to any text field, for instance, if you are an admin, go to Courses or People and type something in the search field and then try and use the arrow keys to move your cursor left and right within the...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-19-2020 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 9 Replies

At my institution, lecture and lab instructors share a Canvas shell for the course.  I would like to remove assignments my co-instructor needs to grade from my sidebar to do list.  However, I would not want to do that if it also removed them from her...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I install crockodoc?  I have an instructure account, and I'm not sure how to install crockodoc.  Please help.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I invite people that are not students to take a course I created?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does Canvas have a student transcript feature? We need to see what scores and completion dates students in our Canvas domain have earned. If so where is located.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-12-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In regard to discussions, I have a class participant who asked, When using the canvas app on my iPad I have yet to find a way to print out postings easily.  There must be an easy way to do this.  If I go in through Canvas on my iPhone, printing is ea...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I NEED HELP!!!!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I would like to go ahead and schedule all my Canvas Conference office hours and four Canvas Conference meetings all on difference dates at difference times and I'm wondering if there is a way to do that in Canvas Conferences? When I go to schedule a ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I enter and exit different breakout rooms?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you re-set a test for a student to take?  A student lost internet service after only answering 10 out of 50 questions.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi There.My Canvas class is almost 900 MBs so I am not able to copy it into a new course through export/import or through Commons. Any solutions?Nicole

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I know you can create a page and then add a link to the Syllabus tab by choosing the Course Navigation option, but I am wondering if there is a way to just incorporate the Syllabus sidebar page without needing to create the additional step of clickin...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add a rubric to an assignment?  The assignment I am working with does not have the rubric button shown in the tutorial video.  As you can see by my screenshots, the rubric option is not available.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Were do I get my certificate 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a question about interpreting quiz log data. We do virtually proctored exams with Examity. If a student is kicked out of the proctoring program for some reason, it is my understanding that they can still access the exam in Canvas. We have had ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The star that they added this semester after Covid in order to "help" students acclimate to online learning. I see no means to let the stupid panda know that I do not need its help, and that--in true useless panda fashion [que funny internet videos o...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

After completing a quiz with question banks, I noticed an error in one of the answers . . . actually a student did.  When I go back to the question bank and change the answer, it does not regrade the quiz.  How can I make this happen.  PS I have 250 ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 23 Replies

How can I add unique sequential numbering to certificates issued through Canvas or some way to make their authenticity traceable?Thanks,G

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Immersive Reader has stopped working in our Canvas Instance.  When a student click IR button the IR screen appears and the spin of death is all they get.  Any ideas on what is going on?  I've tried both my laptop and Chromebook.#

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have a teacher who previously synced over scores with 0's. He does not want those in IC as 0's any longer and just wants them blank (remote learning) so they do not count against the student. Upon syncing again the 0's are not changing back to blan...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am a part-time instructor.  I have a gradebook in Canvas.  My final grades have been finalized in gradebook.  How do I submit final grade from Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-08-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have 2 Exams (quizzes) that I have created this semester with Questions groups and now I need to put all those questions into the Question pool so i can draw some into my Final. I have about 360 questions total and I cannot find a way to do this be...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way I can check my GPA through Canvas? If so, how?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have created a screen cast recording using Autodesk Screencast. I have embedded the video in my Canvas page, and it plays just fine, except that there is no sound. When I play it back on the Autodesk website, the sound works just fine. What could I...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I invite another teacher into my canvas course ?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've created a final exam. Two questions:1) It is stuck in "Build" mode.  How do I move to the next step?2) The "Submission Type" is locked on "External Tool" , which is incorrect, and I can't edit it.  How to change Submission Type?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I added a test student to my 2 classes to help me see things from the student's point of view, but one of my classes has an extra "test student".. I have tried deleting them both and reinviting my test student but it still shows up as 2 people on my ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I need the total sum of points for completed assignments.  Mms 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies