Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi, I am having difficulty uploading my coursework, when i try to access my course it does not let me, please can you help, i need to submit by 2pm today and worried.kind regards 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a student and I want to know how to see how much points I have from Assignments.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-07-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to have a Conference with my students. Previously, I'd dragged the Conference 'tab' down/out of sight (settings - navigation) to limit the amount of 'tabs' my students saw (less clutter). Now that I've dragged it back, I noticed it doesn't sho...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-06-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

HelloI am using new quizzes to perform assessments.  In the past I have downloaded the uploaded files from the students. When I use the new quizzes feature the download selection is not present.  I have been downloading each file in speed grader whic...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I looked in the guides here and they are pretty useless.  The only thing I can find is how a student would upload a file to answer a question.  Looks straight forward enough but doesn't work at least in preview mode for the instructor. I have want to...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When i set up a quiz to draw randomly from a question bank that has questions with different values, does the point value i set in the randomizer override those different values and if so, what about if it picks a question with 6 fill in blanks but i...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a way to find duplicate questions in a question bank?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I pin an announcement to the front page?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Please forgive me (Canvas newbie)  On my landing page im trying to change the image (stock standard) to something a little more subject appropriate.  Now i understand that it should be a particular size.  What pixel size should it be? Again sorry for...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am finalizing grades and trying to use the Canvas attendance function to input participation data, but I don't want students to see every step of this process. In the past I've "muted" the student view of attendance when working out the final score...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to pull up my document but keep getting errors

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

For our courses, our students submit their name to an Assignment to declare that they have completed the course. Teachers then verify student completion by marking the Assignment and completing a rubric with an attached Outcome. We run an Outcome Rep...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi all,There is an instructor who created a quiz and was trying to give the student an extra attempt, but there is a strange quiz time of over 13 hours instead. By the names on the moderation page,  it doesnt say anything about the student having ext...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My professor Yonas Getahun for summer semester that says it was supposed to start on the 4th of this month. I see no syllabus for my class and haven't gotten any updates about where to any of the class work please help.  @ygetahun 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why does my MKT 301-01 course and IS 460-01 course not show up on my calendar even though I am enrolled? I have to manually check the class checkboxes every time I open the calendar. In the image, I attached I circled the classes I have to click the ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

trying to use some videos I made for one class for another. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

What is the point of 'pages' if you already have a homepage?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Canvas CSR,I completed my 45-hr Post-Licensing RE Course on 30 Apr 20 before 11:59 PM with a 95 percentile. Naturally, I expected to see my results and receive a confirmation email.I just viewed my DBPR  entry for my license and see no update informa...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm having some issues with the Canvas API for rubrics. I'm trying to assign, to an assignment, a rubric that has free-form criterion comments, but the option is never accepted. I send a POST request to https://MY_UNIVERSITY_CANVAS_HOST/api/v1/course...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a way as an Admin to have the default card view in the Dashboard to allow more than 8 cards?This limitation has become apparent to both staff and students during out forced isolation due to COVID-19.Reasoning:On top of current courses of stu...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I need to assign an assignment to only a select group of students.  I would like to assign it to the test student also but I don't know how.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a few individual student assignment submissions that will not allow me to mark the assignment as complete.  How do I fix this?The rest of the assignment submissions allow me to mark the grade as complete.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,  is it possible to do a repeating daily quiz that has the same questions everyday 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a university student creating a simple online course that will be implemented for my peers to participate in. I do not belong to an educational organization as an educator, but for the purpose of this assignment, I will need to create a course t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to add other page content on the home page rather than just links to other pages?  For example instead if a link to week 1's page on the homepage, actually have content from page 1 showing on the homepage

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Starting to implement Canvas.  I manually created an Account Role for other non-technology district-level staff.  How do I add people to that new manually created Account Role?  Thanks, Rich

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Hello,I'm taking the "growing with canvas" class, so I created a sandbox to do the assignments, I'm trying to do the speed grader section, but I need to add some students to work with. How can i do it?Thanks,

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created a few quizzes and wanted to see what they looked like as a student.  (I am using the regular quizzes NOT the New Quizzes) I was unable to do this unless I published the quiz which I did.  I then took the quiz as a test student just to get a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

How do I un-hide Grades. I clicked on a button in the Gradebook, and it has Hidden my students' grades for that assignment and for their final points as well.Thanks!Tina

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Problem with Migrating old course to new year:I just migrated a graduate level course that I am teaching in June. This is the same course I taught last year. When I migrated the course, I noted that the templates under Collaboration I could not gain ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies