Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I have the final grades for all students on the last column - total, as for examples, 79%, 95%, etc. . How do I have them also displayed in letter grades? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-06-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Are students able to share their screens in Canvas Conferencing?Also is there a way to hide or turn off shared notes? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-07-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Why can't I save my quiz?  I've made many of them before and never had any trouble saving.  Does this have something to do with the fact that I walked away from it for an hour, leaving it up on my computer without saving it and then continued typing ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello and Thank you in advance.  Is there an EASY way to sync/add grades/scores from Newsela to our Pinnacle grade book?  Thank you!Maria Podestamaria.podesta@browardschools.com

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

What is the exact link I need to use for the Respondus Lock Down program while attending GBC?  So far nobody has been able to send me that link and if I need it for my math final I need to get it taken care of ASAP!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is anyone else experiencing this? It looks like the options "Let students create their own discussion topic" is set as default now. It was never set like that before. Is that a global change? It could be a local issue, but I want to check and see if ...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The Individual View of Gradebook is not in alignment with New Gradebook and continues to use the language and features of legacy Gradebook. Labeled Global Settings, this series of checkboxes is a curious mix of settings that either only apply to this...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Would anyone be able to link the form with instructions on how to do this? One of my professors sent it through email, but the link does not work. Thank you?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We've had a couple reports of students unable to download course content (different students, different courses).The button IS checked in settings. I tried it myself, in Chrome, and got this error:Then I got this email:Are there settings on the insti...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Some settings have been disabled because the assignment is in a closed grading period.How can I change this one so that I can grade their work? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-08-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When grading discussions, I can read the outgoing comments from student who wrote them, that are addressed to other students. However, there isn't a way for me to see the "in-coming" responses from the other students. Since I'm giving them points on ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How to I add extra credit points in the final grade?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I hide a course from last semester that I still want to have access to, but not on my main page.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to set up reoccurring tasks or events in the calendar that will appear on the todo list

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

There is an option that students cannot return to exam/quiz questions; is it possible to have a SET of questions (e.g. multiple choice) within which students can return to questions, and THEN when the multiple-choice portion is finished it is closed ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can not see my grades for my courses. All courses say not published. How can I view my grades?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Will the syllabus be posted once the class begins?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

UPDATE:  I was directed to this https://community.canvaslms.com/thread/49491-fillable-pdf-content-is-doubled-blurry-in-speed-grader and instructed to submit a ticket.  Thanks.We have an instructor of a nursing course who has her students upload their...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

With the new changes of the rubrics, it is no longer hosted under outcomes but in the new rubric group. What we find out is that you can no longer recover a deleted rubric as you could. I went to undeleted list, and restore the rubric I just mistaken...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a colleague who is a "teacher" in a class we've co-developed, but he cannot see which assignments are graded and worth points, and those assignments don't show up in the gradebook for him... but they do for me.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My Home page looks like my Modules now. I don't know how that happened but How do I get it back?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,I'm new to Canvas and deleted a class from my Dashboard and I want to restored it. How can I do it? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there an easy way to attach a rubric to assignments using the external tool submission type? An example would be using the "Google Cloud Assignment" external tool. I can upload the document but the attach rubric option at the bottom isn't there li...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-18-2023 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I delete a non-editing staff member who was accidentally added to my course? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! I am taking Calculus online at Clark College, Vancouver WA this Spring2020. We have to do daily submissions of a picture with our lecture notes. This is the only submission I do from my ipad, since it is easier to take pictures. However, I had a ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

why is the total grade not visible in the grade book?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is there a way to send an announcement to all of your classes at once?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to retrieve or view Sent messages via the inbox? The only way I can find is to send a copy to myself and those are piling up. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having the issues with the Highlight tool:I need to click several times on same the text to actually get Canvas to start highlighting the text. Occasionally, the wrong text (to the left or right of where my curser is) or even the entire document...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

After the Covid-19 school shutdowns and we started online learning, my middle school started sending me daily notifications (appearing on the top of my dashboard shown below) which I don't know how to get rid of (I'm in high school now). I've contact...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies