Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I have had a course from Blackboard moved to Canvas.  I have a well developed syllabus but all that content is in the Module area.  I tried creating the a link but it just opens the entire Module area.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do i put in progress grades

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to embed a sway (not a link to a sway).  All of the directions I find are for the old RTE and I can't figure out how to do this with the new RTE.  I would like students to open the page and see the content not have to click on more links ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-05-2020 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Why are some students' quiz completion time reported precisely (e.g., 39 minutes) and others say "completed in about one hour"?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Good morning, I am trying to build a final exam for a literature course off the quiz function.  I will need to ask a number of more thematic, general questions, essentially short essay questions, which I will need to grade myself, off speed grader.  ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-20-2020 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I give credit for a bad question to all students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I wonder if there is any Poll or on-the-spot quizzes which can be shown in the Canvas screen.  I mean like Socrative, Mentimentor, Kahoot, etc. can be used at the class (or Zoom) lecture to find out how the students understand which the result can be...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-06-2020 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way for an instructor to evaluate a student in Canvas such that the evaluation would not be seen by the student but would be part of their record? Our institution is not a school so we use Canvas a little differently.  Our students meet wi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am using Canvas Conference for teaching my students. I have recorded the lecture and saved on my laptop. When i try to play the downloaded video only audio can be heard... i cannot see the presentation/pdf/word document which i had projected and us...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to post grades for just one student? I have given an exam online. I don't want to reveal the marks to all of the students - it's against our policy unless the student formally requests an exam re-read. How do I reveal the grade and com...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-10-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hey, the option titled 'required to view quiz results' is selected as yes.  I've never seen this on a quiz before, so two questions. 1. What exactly does it mean they are required to view their results? What does this experience look like for the stu...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

There is a module with multiple documents included and I would like to leave the module where it is, but also make a duplicate of it and move the duplicate to a different course.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have to export my grades to admissions now that our semester has ended. I need to add a column for a letter grade how do I do that?Thank you,Gina Bell

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I cross listed a course to share a quiz and now the original course tile no longer shows.How do I undo a cross-list?I can get a "Re-Cross-List this Section" button but not an "Un-Cross-List" button.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to use the exports from Canvas Data Portal to produce rudimentary statistics, charts and graphs in Tableau. I can export the file, open and convert in Excel, and import in Tableau no problem. However, only part of the data is really usabl...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HelloTwo buttons are showing as locks in student view - I have checked the copyright and usage rights. Still not unlocking and can't understand why. Any help gratefully appreciated. Michelle

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'm trying to rewatch some lecture videos from a few weeks ago, and the first one was fine however the rest of them played as audio only, without the video of the lecture slides. I tried reloading the page and none of them worked, including the first...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I just want to know which API should I use to grade the canvas quizzes by an external tool?If possible provide some examples so that I can check it out how it works.Regards,Jignashu

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

If a student uploads a document, it is in .pdf format and I need to edit the document. How can I edit uploaded documents?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It's so hard to read the e-book online when the lap top will not allow you to move how you want to... I wounder why is That? Any Answer 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible to have captioning running in a Conference whilst the teacher is talking for students with hearing loss?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hey Canvas,I work with the Education Department, we use Canvas as our student work platform. I work with students have are visually impaired. we have currently ran into issues where Canvas isn't supporting screen readers, such as NVDA, Does canvas ha...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-04-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

if I publish an assignment, but it is not released until a particular time and date, then am i right to assume that kids cannot see it until that time and date?#posting time and date for availability

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I've tried googling the issue but it seems like canvas is the only website that has this problem, if there are others I have yet to find out. For example on my home page of a course it says the url or a brief description in a white box with a teeny b...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I made two separate quizzes (midterm exams) for my undergradudate students and graduate students. They were both linked to the Assignment "Midterm Exam" in the Gradebook, but have different names and content. When I go to Speedgrader for my undergrad...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

how to re order pages

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can see the student's page views but need to know how i can export this information? Thanks!

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have rubrics set up.  When I use the external tool like Google Cloud Documents, the rubrics button is not there when I save and publish the assignment. I have attached pictures of two different assignments. The first two (8.39.32/8.39.40) are from ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-18-2023 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

The place where students submit says "oops broken link" Any suggestions?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies