Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How do I rename a video?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I close out an assignment when the class has completed it?  I don't want to remove it, just unpublish it.  It says I can't unpublish because there are submissions.  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to set the completion expectation in New Quizzes at less than 100% 10/10?  Can I set it for 70% 7/10?  Also is there a setting so you see the number they got correct in the grade book, without going to speed-reader?  Right now I am onl...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My collaborations button has an eyeball with a line through it showing it is disabled. I can't find in the settings where to enable it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-06-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When using the weighted grading structure, how to you handle extra credit?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to associate an assignment with a newly formed group of students.The assignment was not originally configured for groups, and it already holds student submissions--so Canvas will not let me associate a group with the assignment now.I suspect t...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-04-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello! I have made two discussion boards that I would like only accessible by invitation. How should I proceed? It's very important that participants are gauranteed confidentiality - thank you!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why do all the grades show up as "Missing" in Student view? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I set speedgrader to manual?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi folks, I've looked around for someone asking about this specific issue but haven't seen it:When I provide extra time for a student (for ability-related accommodations), Canvas requires that the quiz remain available for that additional time. This ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

In my course, students must submit class presentations. They take turns throughout the semester.I'd like these to be peer reviewed, but having a rolling due date makes that exceptionally difficult. Any ideas?Also, is there a way to grade peer reviews...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

my students are saying they cant access the material, what do I need to do so they can

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I often receive emails that pertain to students - opportunities for internships, or summer programs, or announcements from the Dean. How can I forward those emails sent to me to all the students in my class?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have been uploading pages to Canvas for assignments, but all of a sudden, I get this message:"File upload failed" with a red box. I am doing everything the same.  What's going on?I use the "imbed image" feature to get to pages I have scanned and th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If a student wants to submit a picture in a discussion post, is there a way to do this without having to attach a file? I want it to show just like the video submission. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was inquiring to a feature that could be added to quizzes.  Is there a possibility that a feature could be added to the quiz builder that would allow you to disallow students to copy from the internet and then paste into a written response box?  Th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-06-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have two students who's grade are "greened" out and "blued" out with a paper icon and an exclamation point. These assignments have been graded. How can I be sure they are being included in the course grade?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I heard that when working with a Google doc there is a maximum number of students you can have collaborate (50?). Is this also true of O365 docs and does the limit come from Canvas or from Microsoft or Google?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We're using the Bitnami Canvas VM and all is working well, except the Office 365 LTI integration.  Whenever we try to authenticate, we receive a 401 unauthorized error.  The redirect URI is accessible publicly and I can authenticate using Azure AD, j...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to move a test from one section to another - e.g. from Nursing Fundamentals A to a different section - Nursing Fundamentals B - it was input in one block but needs to be in the subsequent one? It would be nice to have to reinput the en...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why do I have an error when uploading a photo into a discussion reply? I have been trying for 2 days to upload a photo (both in jpeg and png format) into a discussion reply on two different computers and I keep receiving the same error.  I have uploa...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I recorded a conference, and at the end of the conference clicked stop/pause recording. I concluded it, ended the conference, but now--even after following all steps from the guide--cannot find the recorded conference?! The arrow to indicate I can vi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is Canvas HIPAA compliant?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why are my students that are registered for my canvas course unable to see the course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I was wondering when creating a classic quiz how do you use the  multiple answer choice when trying to add your answers and questions. here is what it tells you to do but I am still confused on what it is asking me to do. Enter your question, specify...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-05-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Como crear un archivo CSVEste mensaje ha sido traducido usando Google Translate.How to create a CSV file

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I will have students take their final this semester via Canvas Quiz. I have two questions about this:When I uncheck, "Let Students See Their Quiz Responses (Incorrect Questions Will Be Marked in Student Feedback)", does this mean that they will never...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

K-12 Canvas Course Rubrics. We are looking for a starting place to create a rubric for elementary and secondary for course development. We would like to get this rubric out to staff this spring so they can plan to use this to guide their fall courses...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When linking Edpuzzle and Canvas, can I set a requirement that students must finish and turn in the Edpuzzle video before moving on to the next page?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm no longer receiving SMS notifications for Canvas messages. I checked my settings and it said that it is no longer supported. Is this a technical problem or a change Canvas has made?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies